Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Fall Inspired Dinner Ideas

 Hey friends! Not sure what the weather is like where you live, but it has definitely turned to Fall temps here in the NorthEast. While it wasn't quite 90, I feel like we went from 75 to 38 overnight. And yes, there is a chance some areas may see their first snowflakes fly these next few days!


So naturally, this weekend was the perfect time to make a roasted chicken. I made it on Sunday afternoon and it was the perfect Fall dinner. 

I have used Ina Garten’s roasted chicken recipe for years. I omit the bacon part, but I’m sure it would be amazing with the bacon, because what isn't??  Something about the fresh lemon, garlic and thyme just brings so much flavor to the chicken. 



Look at all that goodness ready to make a gravy!!




Not the most colorful plate, but so delicious! You can get all recipe details here.


Last week and I went with a roasting dinner option too. Tis the season, I guess!

This braised beef was just what I was looking for!  It cooked all day long, with an amazing red wine sauce. The meat was so tender, it just fell apart. This will be a Sunday staple for us in the Fall & Winter. Also, this dutch oven is so good & a much better pricepoint than LeCreuset! 


And something about these types of meals seem to call for crescent rolls. Probably something reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinners as a kid. I have been using these lately...clean ingredients than some other options. 


Any Fall meals you are loving? I am always on the hunt for new inspo!  My crew is not a huge fan of slow cooker meals. They say it all tastes mushy. Honestly I don't disagree with them on most dishes!

Hope you are having a great week. 
See you back here soon, there is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

1 comment on "Fall Inspired Dinner Ideas"
  1. It was 98 degrees yesterday in Houston, so we are VERY ready for some fall weather.
    My favorite fall/winter dishes are:
    https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11723/bbq-meatballs-comfort-food-to-the-max/
    and
    https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a9844/beef-stew-with-beer-and-paprika/

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature