Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites October 4th

 Happy Friday friends! And welcome to a jam-packed first Friday Favorites of October.   When I tell you this last week was wild, it was crazy busy & crazy fun! We had a birthday, Homecoming dance, Powderpuff game, pep rally, cross country race and volleyball tryouts. We really closed out September with a bang!

As usual, I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 



one
Last Friday we started out the weekend with Ella's birthday. Hard to believe she is 17!  I still see here as this little girl playing Doc McStuffins!


But I was reminded she is no longer little when I ran into her at Starbucks! I had the day off from work and was grabbing a coffee, when I looked up and saw my girl coming through the door to get her free birthday drink! 

She got a car this year, so her birthday gifts were car inspired. A new snow brush, winter mats and I got her a little case filled with some car essentials. I think I need to grab one for myself. It's a great little case and comes in several colors. I added a hair brush & hair ties, hand sanitizer, the best phone charger, hand wipes & a Starbucks gift card. A perfect little gift for a new driver.


Our Friday continued on with the Homecoming Pep Rally & Powder Puff game. The Senior girls played against the Juniors. The theme was Batman vs Joker and was really cute!
Seniors won!!  





Saturday morning she had a race in Rochester. This race draws schools from all over the East Coast, with almost 7000 runners. It’s been one of our favorites throughout the years. And hard to believe it was her last one.


This was her first year running it in 7th grade!


two

I grabbed a couple new pillows at Target last weekend, along with this throw. I love a cozy blanket, but this one is probably one of the best we have ever gotten. I have a basket of throws in our family room, and this one I couldn’t find the other morning because Luke had it up in his bedroom. Everyone loves this blanket and I highly recommend you get it. It's a little longer and sooooo soft! It comes in several colors. 


Speaking of Target, I got this adorable knit skirt. It is so soft and comes in several colors, but I liked this kind of eggplant color for something different. I paired it two different ways one with black boots and a jean jacket.



And then again with sneakers and a white tee. I thought it looked cute both ways, and you’ll be seeing me wear this again this Fall!





three
So Senior year.... it's like a really long goodbye. A year of "lasts". This week we had Senior Night for the cross country team. 

Of course, all of her regular fans were there to watch her run. While we still have some time left in the season, this was their last meet at their home course. The coach shared a few words about each Senior. It was really sweet. He spoke a lot about Ella's positivity, and her constant smile. I know I say this because she’s my own daughter, but her smile does really light up a room, and it’s definitely a contagious smile!





She found running as her sport in seventh grade, and it’s been amazing to watch her continue to get better year-over-year. This year she is team captain and we are just so proud of her!


four

This week, the nights have been much colder, so long pajamas have been in order. These are old and one of my all-time favorites. But you can grab them here in a different pattern.


five

My dad and his brothers took a road trip to Baltimore to watch the Buffalo Bills game last weekend. While the outcome of the game was not what we had hoped, I love that he and his brothers got to go on this little adventure.


six

We celebrated at our girl turning 17 all weekend! While her birthday fell during all the festivities of homecoming, we sprinkled in some birthday fun each day.  We had dinner and cake at home Sunday night to wrap up the full weekend. Grilled salmon and Caesar salad with the birthday girl's request.



I love using cute wrapping paper as a table spread! And this banner was adorable.



seven

My last favorite of the week was homecoming! After getting home from the race, we made a quick change and got ready to host the girls before homecoming. Put out a little spread of some treats and snacks before the dance. 

And caught a little photo shoot in the backyard.


Luke joined the boys over at another friends house.


Love these two!



I loved all the hustle of the weekend, and know that this season of life is going to end way faster than I could have ever imagined!  Soaking it all in!

Wishing you a great first weekend of October. See you back here next week. There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo
Genevieve


p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog.























1 comment on "Friday Favorites October 4th"
  1. Ahh! My 17 year old was a huge Doc McStuffins fan too, it's crazy to think that it was so long ago. Happy birthday to Ella! Good on her getting her free birthday drink from Starbucks!
    I love the Batman vs Joker theme for the game. What fun!
    That blanket really does look good, perfect for this time of year and that skirt looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature