Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

A Little Weekend Wrap Up & What We Have Been Eating Lately


Happy Monday, friends! 

After a wild end of September, this weekend was a little bit slower pace. You can catch up on our September fun here. The kids had plans with friends on Saturday and no sports, so Paul and I had a rare Saturday free. We got out and enjoyed a midday snack and cocktail at Britesmith Brewing. It was a perfect Fall day, 

 My love language is spicy margs & nachos!


We also split this Korean Cheesesteak. 


 We walked a around the town of  Williamsville and grabbed some ice cream. Pumpkin ice cream in a waffle cone.... so good!


 A fun day with my guy. The next few weekends are full of sports & we each have some work travel coming up, so we were happy to spend some time together while we had it.



So life has been a little bit crazy through September, and I did a poor job of taking pics or videos as I was cooking. But I made some great meals and wanted to share a few of those recipes we loved this month. 

This sweet-and-sour pork is so good. So good in fact, I made it twice this month. While, you make sauce from scratch, it's pretty simple to make. If you want to plan to make it twice within a couple of weeks, you could definitely double up the recipe and make it even easier the second time around. You can grab all the details here. 


We had a beautiful September, so grilling was still an option for dinner. This was just a simple grilled shrimp. This is my favorite marinade to use.

We grilled some asparagus to go with it and then I made a little bit lighter scampi sauce. I just sauteed about 3 tablespoons of Butter with lots of garlic, the juice of a lemon, and tossed it with some fresh pasta. A little Parmesan cheese and this was a pretty simple & delicious dinner. 


I did share the recipe for this one on the blog, but it's so good I am mentioning it again! BBQ salmon bowls got two thumbs up at our house!


This one has been in our rotation for a while, but I don’t know if I’ve shared it here before. These Korean Beef Bowls are full of some unexpected flavor and come together really quickly. It’s also a pretty simple recipe to double if you’re feeding a larger family or have teen athletes!  It’s a perfect weeknight meal. You can get the details here. 


This Spicy Vodka Chicken Parmesan was so, so good. You can either air fry or bake it. I baked it, as I was cooking six cutlets and could not fit them all in my air fryer. I didn’t want to do two batches so I just popped them in the oven. I did half of them with hot peppers and half without. My kids can be hit and miss when it comes to the spice factor, so I did a few without. This one actually looked so good that I forgot to take a picture before I dove in! This recipe will be a winner at your house too!


And last, but not least this Sesame chicken was a winner. Again, anything Asian inspired or comes in a bowl with rice my kids are devouring!


Hope this helps give a little dinner inspo! Have you made anything new lately???

Wishing you a great week! I’ll see you back here later in the week. There’s always room for one more in our family table.

xoxo
Genevieve 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature