Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table BBQ Salmon Bowls

Happy Monday friends! The calendar may officially say Fall. but we were so excited to steal another day on the boat yesterday. The sun was shining, and it was pretty warm, so we took advantage. 


This is a wild week ahead. It’s homecoming week for the kids, so there’s lots of activities at the end of the week with the Powderpuff football game and homecoming dance. We’ve got two volleyball games and two cross country meets in the week as well. And Ella's birthday is on Friday too!


I have shared here before our family's love of salmon. So when I stumbled across this barbecue salmon bowl, I knew we had to try it. It got two thumbs up from everybody on the table last night.

I mean, how could you go wrong with these ingredients. Salmon, fresh avocado, mango, and cilantro........ 



First step was to assemble the mango salsa. This came together really quickly.... just chopping a bunch of things and throwing it in a bowl. I have a feeling this would taste better if it was left to sit for a while longer and let all the flavors come together. This is definitely something you could make ahead of time to cut time off during a weeknight meal. I would just hold off on the avocado and add it in before you serve it. 


This would be so good with chips!


Next step was creating this barbecue rub for the salmon. Just some spices like paprika, garlic powder, and the key was some brown sugar. It kind of gave that sweet and smoky flavor to the salmon. All the spices came together with a little bit of olive oil and then patted it onto the salmon. 


When I make this again, I will put just a little less of the rub on the salmon. 

The recipe called for baking in the oven, which I did. It baked at a high temp in less than 10 minutes. You could definitely do this in the air fryer as well, you just want to keep an eye on your time, as the brown sugar can burn pretty quickly.


I made some quick jasmine rice, and then topped with the salmon and the salsa and dinner was done. I added some fresh jalapeños to the top of mine. The mango salsa called for it but I skipped it, since my kids are not huge fans of spicy. 


This one will officially be in our rotation for dinner! You can grab all the recipe details here. 

See you back here on Wednesday, there is always room for one ore at our family table. 

xoxo
Genevieve














 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature