Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Firecracker Meatballs

Happy Tuesday friends! It’s official…Summer is done here and my kids are back to school tomorrow. I was looking at the family calendar for the week and we are full steam ahead! Practices, volleyball game, cross country meet, picture days, concession stand volunteering….we are in it this week! While it all sounds crazy, I do love it! 

Amber Massey shared this recipe for Firecracker Meatballs a couple of weeks ago on Instagram and I took a screenshot and made it.


 It was so good, I actually made it twice in one week. The sauce made quite a bit and I had a bunch of leftover so I kept it in the fridge and just made the meatballs and green beans again later that week.


The meatballs were super moist, and the recipe calls for cooking the meatballs and the green beans on the same sheet pan.  I don’t know if my sheet pan wasn’t big enough, but I ended up doing two separate pans the second time I made them.


I followed the recipe exactly as called for in round one. I made one change the second time and I did not drizzle the meatballs in olive oil before cooking them. I just didn’t feel that they needed it. They were delicious both ways. 


I cooked them on the longer side of the time recommendation, because I had less meatballs than the recipe suggested you would have. Which meant I made them on the larger side.  I always seem to do that! I do love this scoop when I’m making meatballs!!



The coconut rice that the recipe called for was amazing. I made the rice the first time and the flavors really enhanced the dish. The second time I made this, I just did jasmine rice. Not quite as much flavor, but still good and an easy shortcut for a weeknight! 




Even with making the coconut rice, this meal came together in less than 30 minutes, which would make it perfect for a school night. I would also say this would easily reheat. so you could have it a different times of the night, depending on games or practices.

You can grab the full recipe details here.



Wishing you a great first week of September. See you back here tomorrow! There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo
Genevieve
















 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature