Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Fall Transition Meals

 Hello Monday!!! We had our first weekend back in the Fall sports scene and the weather sure felt like Fall! I was feeling extra Fall like on Saturday while I was standing in the fields watching Ella race. 



My nails were painted a darker Fall color, I was in my favorite sweatshirt and must have boots , and had a PSL in my hand.

Sharing two new to us meals I have made the last few weeks. I feel like these are both good "transition meals". Meals that aren't Summer grilling, but noy quite full on hearty slow cooker meals. 

This first one is a lemon sausage pasta. The recipe calls it spicy, but I made it "non-spicy" by using a mild sausage instead of the hot variety. 

It was a nice, light sauce with the brightness from the lemon, but felt hearty with the addition of the sausage.  You can grab all the recipe details here. 



I have been seeing people share their plates featuring Marry Me Chicken or Marry Me Shrimp. I decided to try it out one night. Now I don't know that it would convince me to marry someone, but it was delicious!

The recipe suggests serving it with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice. We ended up having it over pasta. It was good, but I think I would do mashed potatoes next time around. The recipe calls for already baked chicken, so if that is all set to go, the rest of the meal comes together pretty quickly. It was full of rich, warm flavors and felt like a perfect transition meal into Fall. You can grab all the recipe details here



Do you have any favorite Fall transitions meals? Share them in the comments below, I am always up for trying a new recipe! 

See you back here on Wednesday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog. 

1 comment on "Something New for Your Family Table Fall Transition Meals"
  1. We use this recipe for the Marry Me chicken and it uses orzo pasta and then cubed chicken.
    https://kalejunkie.com/one-pan-marry-me-chicken-orzo/

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature