Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Let's Look Our Quick Weeknight Dinners

Happy Wednesday friends!! Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for this month's edition of Let's Look. A fun monthly post where we take a peek at some random little things in our lives. Today's topic, Our Quick Weeknight Dinners. As we are in our second week of school and sports, this is the perfect time to look at meals that get on the table quickly!


So I was so excited to link up for this topic!  Cooking and meal planning are two of my most favorite things. Even after a long day of work, there’s something cathartic for me about making dinner. I will admit school days are crazy and then add it after school sports, it can be a little chaotic to get dinner on the table. So a catalog of some quick weeknight meals is key to have on hand!

I tend to do a lot of what I call "bowl meals". If I can take a dinner and make it into a bowl, it’s perfect. My kids live for rice, so a base of Jasmine rice or brown rice is usually what we start with. You could also do greens or cauliflower rice if you were looking to do less carbs. You will see a lot of these meals I suggest are bowl inspired. 

These chicken fajita sheet pan bowls are beyond easy. I slice about a pound and a half of chicken into thin strips, cut up a bunch of bell peppers and some onion toss it all in olive oil and a packet of seasoning. Pop it in the oven for 425 for like 20 to 25 minutes depending on how thick your chicken is. 

Top it with all of your favorite fajita toppings and dinner is done! You could easily swap out chicken and do shrimp or a steak

This is my favorite seasoning to use. 


Another quick weekday dinner are these hot honey salmon bowls. We love salmon at this house so we try to cook it at least once a week. These bowls come together very quickly in the air fryer and with a quick veggie mixture of thinly sliced cucumbers & shredded carrots, this meal is full of flavor in no time. You can grab all details here. 


I tried this recipe last month and it was a winner, Fiesta lime shrimp bowls. Again, an easy one that you could swap out your favorite toppings or veggies to customize what everyone likes. 


These firecracker meatballs were so good, I made them twice in one week! The meatballs and beans cook on the same sheet pan in the oven, which makes life super easy. The coconut rice is a little bit more involved, but not too crazy. Definitely doable for a weeknight, but you could always swap out a quick microwave bag of jasmine rice and be just as delicious.


Another idea for a bowl meal. These are very similar to our other salmon bites just not coated in panko. I toss salmon in liquid aminos and hot honey and air fry for about 10 minutes.


When we were in the Bahamas last year, I had these poke bowls that I could have lived on for the rest of my life. I re-created them here. While this meal is a bit on the pricey side, just because of the cost of tuna, the dinner itself comes together super quick and could be an easy weeknight meal. I crusted the tuna with sesame seeds, seared it and built a bowl. 


This ground chicken caprese skillet is another quick  one pan meal. 
We enjoyed this one as is, but you could add it on top of rice or pasta to make it a little more filling.


While I am not a huge lover of most slow cooker meals, pork carnitas in the slow cooker are a favorite here. You can turn them into so many different options whether you add barbecue sauce or some Carnitas seasoning and take a Mexican route. The easy part is the meat cooks all day while you’re at work or running around and dinner is done when you get home. This was the Carnitas topped with the pineapple salsa which is so.so good.


These Greek chicken meatball bowls are full of great Mediterranean flavors. Again.  easy to build and customize to whatever you want. Here is the recipe for the chicken meatballs.  You could also put the meatballs in a pita if you didn’t want to do a bowl.

'

Nann pizzas are always a winner at our house. I buy premade Naan bread and you can top them with whatever you want. You can easily put them in the oven, but I also love them on the grill. This one below is a barbecue chicken version with smoked Gouda cheese. 



I could probably go on and on with this post all day! I love scouring for new recipes. Any great ones that you have for a week night? Drop them in the comments below!

 Have a great rest of your week!!  See you back here on Friday, there is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo
Genevieve





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature