Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Weekend Wrap Up & Something New for Your Family Table

Happy Monday friends!!!  We had a great weekend that started with a dinner out on Friday with my boys, Paul & Luke. Luke's request was for wings, so we made our way to Bar Bill for wings. 



Then as 15 year old boys go, he was still hungry so we went for ice cream. I was not hungry in the least, but ordered myself a "baby" cone. I loved cherry dip growing up and have not had it in forever. Spoiler alert- it's not as great as I remember. It kinda tasted more like plastic than cherry..... 



Saturday we dropped Ella off to her last year of running camp. She has gone each Summer in highschool and it is one of the highlights of her Summer. She will run lots of miles with her friends & teammates!


 I hit up the grocery store. Something about fresh flowers on my table just makes me happy!


A stocked and organized fridge also makes me happy! 



We hosted a sleepover for Luke and 9 of his friends on Saturday night. They have been making their rounds to each other's houses for sleepovers this Summer and it was our turn. I bought them lots of food and hope for the best!



While they were up late, all in all it was an uneventful night. Aside from the midnight request to make fried oreos. I shut that idea down.... 

Enjoyed coffee the next morning, thankful my kitchen was still intact!


Sunday was my usual routine at my favorite place. And don't let that little slider fool you....my legs were Jello!!!



The rest of Sunday was laundry- lots of it after a sleepover for 9 boys! Made a new to me recipe, which I will share details on soon. Then I sat to write this blog post. 

I did such a poor job of taking photos when I made this recipe a few weeks ago. But it was so good, cooked in one pan and I have to share it with you! 


The title of the dish is Ground Chicken Caprese and you can grab all the recipe details here. We ate it just as is, but you could definitely put it over pasta or rice for a bit more substance. I plan on doing that next time for my athletes during sports season,  The meal came together quick and did I mention it was one pan???

This would be perfect in the back to school menu rotation. It came together in less than 30 minutes. You could easily reheat it for anyone that is coming home from practice later.


Wishing you the best week! See you back here on Wednesday. There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature