Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites August 16th

   Happy Friday friends! I'm over here trying to figure out how we are halfway through August!!!  If you figure it out let me know! In the meantime, I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 



one
 Ella and I both read It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. A couple of my girlfriends read it too, so we all went to the movie this week. I typically don’t love a movie that’s based off of  a book, as I usually have different characters and ideas in my head. But this was one was so well done!!! Blake Lively was perfect as Lilly Bloom & she is just effortlessly gorgeous!!!  I think we all walked out of the movie theater, sobbing. 



two
Cute coffee mugs are always a favorite of mine! I got this one last week and I just think it’s the cutest. It sure made me happy for my Monday morning coffee! There’s also a cute strawberry pattern too



three
So more to come in a future post, but I’ve been really focused on my personal health and wellness this year. I have been reading a lot about the right foods to eat and how nutrition can improve your overall health. This year I’ve been focused on getting more protein, I was so bummed when my LDL came back slightly elevated on my most recent bloodwork. Now it is by no means "high" but all of my bloodwork is "green" on my chart and this one isn't, so it's now my mission to fix that!  I’ve read a lot about what I can eat to lower it and one of the top things is oats.

So my new favorite breakfast is oat-based. I made several jars of overnight oats this week. I followed this recipe pretty loosely. I love this protein powder and put half a scoop in here. Paul & Luke both loved these as well. It's great to have breakfast already made and ready to grab and go. I also got the cutest little jars to make these in!


I also love oats warm. I just add half a cup of oats with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, and then warm it for like a minute and a half. Then I add a chopped up apple for extra fiber, some walnuts, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. It is so good and so filling!


I see my doctor for my annual physical in a few weeks and I am going to chat with her about this as well. I am looking forward to getting my blood checked again in a few months to see if these oats make a difference! I'll keep you posted!

four

This was such an easy meal to throw together this week. I chopped up four salmon fillets into bite-size pieces and tossed them with liquid aminos and hot honey. Then I air fried them at 350 for about 10 minutes. 

Then we built some poke-inspired bowls. Such a quick and fresh meal to have on a weeknight!

five
We have a great local smoothie place & it had been a while since I’ve been there. But after my workout on Sunday, I took myself for a treat. This is a coconut inspired smoothie and it's my favorite flavor. I also take it up a notch and have them add some protein powder and flax. 
 I’d be lying if I wasn’t excited that my smoothie matched the flowers! 


six
Old pictures of my kids popping up in memories is always a favorite. This one came up this week, one of their first lemonade stands.



seven
I think I shared this outfit last week, but I’m sharing it again because it really is a favorite! This tank and these leggings from Target are so good. Way less than the fancier athleisure brand and just as comfortable! Lots of cute color options too!



Wish me luck this weekend. I am having eight 15-year-old boys for a sleepover tomorrow night!!! Luke and I are off tonight to get all the snacks. 

We also drop Ella off for her running camp tomorrow. She is excited to run lots of miles for the next week. She is also very excited to be missing the boys sleepover.

Have a great weekend friends!
 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "Friday Favorites August 16th"
  1. Thank you for sharing the oats recipes! I love eggs so much, but I really want to add oats to my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the sleepover! Those salmon bowls sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature