Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table BBQ Pork & Pineapple Tostadas

Hey there Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! We made our rounds on another college tour, Ella spent the night at a friend's lakehouse, got in our workouts and spent the rest of the weekend on laundry and catching up around the house. 

I started following Lille Eats & Tells and gosh she shares some great meal and food ideas!  We made these BBQ Pork & Pineapple Tostadas and they were amazing! So much flavor and bonus.... the pork cooks in the slow cooker, so a little lighter workload for dinner! 


I followed the recipe pretty closely, but she used leftover pork and I was starting from scratch. I put some pork in the slow cooker, along with a packet of Siete Carnitas Seasoning and about 1/2 cup of chicken broth and let it cook on low all day. You can grab the full recipe here.


When I got home from work, I put together the salsa. 


The flavors here were so good! This would be a great salsa to use with fish or shrimp tacos too!


I found this BBQ sauce at our local Wegmans. It sounded like it would pair perfectly with this meal. 


If I don't make my own sauce, I try to find one with clean ingredients and this ingredient list worked for me. 


When I make a pulled pork or carnitas in the slow cooker, I like to shred it on a sheet pan and then pop it into the broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up a bit. You don't have to do this step, but I like a little crisp to the pork. Just keep a close eye on it, as too much time can dry it out. I would say 2-4 minutes. 


Once the pork was out of the broiler, I tossed it with the BBQ sauce to coat. 


And then we built our tostadas with the pork, pineapple salsa, Monterey jack cheese, jalapenos and a little more BBQ sauce. 


This recipe was a winner in our house and a great meal idea for back to school. Whether you use leftover pork as the recipe calls for or make it in the crockpot, the meal comes together pretty quickly!

Wishing you the best week!
See you back here on Monday, there's always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve


p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog. 










 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature