Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Lake George Summer 2024 Part Two

Hey friends. I am back with part two of our trip to Lake George. I can’t believe we’ve been home for a month already. And tonight I think the low is like 49. So I’m up for reminiscing about warm weather on the lake.
If you missed part one, you can check it out here. I ended part one with the good news of getting the boat back after a bit of a fiasco. 
We headed back to our favorite spot Sandy Bay, and spend some time paddle boarding, reading, pro-kadima, and relaxing.







The water here is just so darn clear!



We got back late afternoon and I felt like I needed to pick me up before dinner, so I took myself for a walk into town to grab an iced coffee. Of course wearing one of my favorite tanks from Target.


On my walk I passed this house. As a kid coming here, I dreamed of one day owning this house. I had plans to attend nearby Skidmore College and build a slide off the back into the lake. The house was listed recently for $22 million, so needless to say I don't own it yet!

 

We headed to dinner at the Sagamore Resort. This property is absolutely stunning.


The views of the lake are unmatched. I could sit there all day and watch the boats go by and feel the breeze coming off the lake.


The view on the other side, looking at the property is also beautiful!


We are at the more casual restaurant, The Pavilion which is right at the tip of the resort and on the water. We started with some tuna and oysters, seafood on the water is my favorite!



I got the same meal I always get. The lobster roll, with a glass of rosé. I joked that if I was ever able to choose my last meal here on earth, it would be this meal in this location.



I have always ordered the Keylime Pie here for dessert, but when the server told us there was some sort of a coconut concoction on the menu, I switched it up. I was not disappointed....especially because Paul ordered the KeyLime Pie, so I got the best of both worlds!


One of my favorite places with some of my favorite people!




The next morning we started slow and I enjoyed some time on the patio with my book.


It was our last full day and we decided to head down to The Narrows. This is a more secluded part of the lake and Ella drove us for a while.

 
Some of the homes along the section are just gorgeous!


The water is so clear, so we did a bunch of snorkeling.





The section of the lake has a bunch of coves and islands to explore. Most you can only access by boat. 


And then we hit a snag. Apparently, the boat was not fixed.  While we were still pretty far from our house, we were thankfully in the cove where there was a marina. Paul was able to get the boat started again and we just docked at the marina and they let us tie up there until we could figure some things out. We ended up getting an Uber back to our house, hooking up the trailer and going back to the boat. No shortage of memories on this trip!


We called it a day, went out to dinner and finished our trip with a round of mini golf!




So lucky to do life with this crew!


As of this post, the boat is still with a marina getting worked on. Hoping to have it back this weekend and squeeze out a few more days on the lake before the weather turns cold. 

Wishing you a great Wednesday friends! See you back here on Friday. There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog. 
















































.











Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature