Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites August 9th

   Happy Friday friends! This was a FULL week at work. Nothing really major, but just felt like there was a lot happening. I am so ready for the weekend!! I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 



one

Last week we did Ella’s senior pictures. I’m not sure I have the words to express the emotion that came for me during this, but it was a lot. I have loved the experience of raising my kids. While there have for sure been challenging days, seeing them start a new school year has always been fun. Each each age has brought something new or different with their interests, style or personality.  Something about the fact that this was her last year of high school hit me like a ton of bricks while we were taking these pictures. I stood back from where they were shooting and begin my sunglasses the tears strolled down my face as I watched her. It has been pure joy to watch her grow into this beautiful girl......




This is just a sneak peek. I'll share some more soon. 

two

In case you’re new here, I love going to concerts. Something about live music is just really fun for me! My favorite is a country concert in the summer, outdoors. We had a random opportunity to go see Carrie Underwood in concert last Saturday. It was a beautiful night, so we jumped at the opportunity. I wore this romper that I wore to a concert a couple of years ago. It’s still in stock and so cute and comfy!   It comes in like ten colors.


It was a great night, with great friends. I came home, searching for Carrie Underwood’s leg routine.



three

I just started this book and I’m already loving it. I read quite a few books by this author a couple of years ago and then I guess I kind of forgot about her because I haven’t read anything from her in a while. A Hundred Summers and tThe Secret Life of Violet Grant are two of my favorite books from her. 
Funny story with this book, it was very thick and I was like wow this is a long book. That was until I realized the big circle on the front that says large print. I didn’t intend to buy large print, but it is kind of nice to not need my readers. Lol.



four
I have shared my journey with plant based wellness. If you missed it you can catch up here. I have been consistently using this daily regimen for about 9 months and it has made such a difference in my life. I just added some functional mushrooms to my morning lineup and gosh... the benefits a clear mind from that supplement has been so good too. I would love to connect with you to share more on this! You can reach out via DM on Instagram or email me here at thefamilytablewithgenevieve@gmail.com




five
A few random favorite things I have been wearing lately. These workout tanks are so good. Under $20 and a nice comfy fit! They come in several colors, but I have the basic black and white!
 

I have been loving this bracelet stack lately. They are a designer dupe, but look great. You can grab the gold ones here and the mixed metal here


I think we can all attest to white jeans being a challenge to find, but this pair has been a favorite for me all Summer! And I won't retire my white jeans come Labor Day. I love to wear them with browns and neutrals through Fall! Does this make me a fashion rule breaker?


These Mother jeans  are definitely a splurge, but I love them. The wash and fit are so good. They are by far my most complimented on jeans when I am wearing them. Also loving them with these white mules. I could not find the exact style online, but linked a similar pair .


I do love the fit and look of LuLu Lemon, but not a fan of the price tag. I have really loved this tank &  leggings from Target. Looks cute and way more affordable! The leggings don't roll down and they wash and dry very well. 


This belt set has been in my rotation for years. I have several colors, but this butterscotch color looks so great with black pants or jeans. I love the contrast look. And these mules are a favorite!


six
The kids had a sleepover at my parent's & sister's house this week. They always had lots of sleepovers in the Summer when they were younger and still love to randomly do it! My mom loves it too. Originally Luke was just staying, so when Ella made a surprise visit, Emma was so pumped to see her bestie!



We have college tour number four on the docket for this weekend. This one is a little bit closer to home, if you missed our first two, you can read about our trip in North Carolina and South Carolina here

Have a great weekend friends!
 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve


p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog. 
2 comments on "Friday Favorites August 9th"
  1. Ella is just beautiful and the photos are. You must be so proud.
    What a great time you had at the concert and the supplements you are taking sound great.
    Good luck with the college tour, I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet those senior photos are going to be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature