Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table- Summer Clambake

 Happy Monday friends! Sharing a recipe today that I probably should’ve shared earlier in the Summer, but it just didn’t happen.  Three of the four people in my family love steamers. Ella is not a big fan. So last week while she was away at running camp, we did our clambake.

While, it may sound complicated, this method is pretty simp. I have been cooking them in foil packets over the grill and they turn out amazing!

I start with about a pound of baby red potatoes and boil them for about 15 minutes. You want them slightly tender, but not cooked all the way through. I drain them and set them aside to cool.


Our local grocery store carries a bag of 50 count little neck clams. That's the amount I use for this recipe.  To clean them, I soak them in cold water with a little bit of salt to help draw out any of the dirt or sand. And then drain and rinse them well.


Then I got my foil packets ready. I just do two large pieces of foil crisscross like the picture below.


To each foil packet I add about a dozen clams, an ear of corn that I just break in half, some potatoes, and then a few pieces of sausage. I use a pound of a smoked sausage and just cut it into bite-size pieces, You can do any sausage you want, it just needs to already be pre-cooked or smoked. 


Once I lay all of that together, I give it a quick sprinkle of salt and pepper. I fold up each side of the foil and pour about a quarter bottle of a light beer into each packet. I used Corona on this day because that’s what I had on hand. Any light beer will work, or you could also use chicken broth. 


Fold up the packets tightly and place the packets right on the grill on medium-high heat. And that’s it. They cook for about 20 minutes or so. You can take a peek inside the packet and once the clams begin to open, you are good!

I dump everything into a big serving dish.


And then everybody gets their own individual little butter dish for dipping. 


That's it- our simple way to do a Summer Clambake! Perfect for the upcoming long weekend. 

Have a great week friends. See you back here on Wednesday. There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature