Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Greek Chicken Meatball Bowls

 Happy Monday, friends! I don’t think I’m comfortable with it being the last few days of July. I feel like in August the nights already begin to get a little bit cooler, my kids start high school sports in a couple of weeks and well I’m just not ready for all of that!!! I could use a little bit more summer!

But back to the business at hand! Sharing a recipe today for Greek Chicken Meatballs. These are pretty versatile, as you could probably do multiple variations to serve them. Put them over a salad or make a sandwich out of them, serve with some zucchini noodles, those are just a few of my thoughts.  We made some simple Greek bowls with brown rice.



Fresh dill is really a non-negotiable here. Dried dill will work, but the fresh herbs really elevate the flavors in a recipe! My favorite scoop for making meatballs the same size. 


I kept them on the slightly smaller size so they were more bite-sized and they baked pretty quickly.

I loosely followed this recipe here.  The recipe has the meatballs cook on the stovetop, but I opted to bake them.  I baked them at 375 for about 18-20 minutes. Time will vary based on how large you make the meatballs. They would also be great in the air fryer!


I kind of made up my own recipe for a Tzatziki sauce. I threw in some Greek yogurt, chopped cucumber, some dill, fresh lemon, garlic, and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I kept adding a little bit of things until I felt like it was the right taste. My local grocery stores sells one premade, but you can make your own pretty simply too. Here is a more formal recipe to make it at home. 


Another reason why I love bowl type dinners. Everybody can just add what they want. I put a bunch of things that seem to go with a Greek or Mediterranean theme. They were cucumber Tomatoes, red onion, Chickpeas, banana, peppers, olives, and feta


Added some brown rice and dinner was done! 


Have a great Monday friends! Soak up these last few days of July!

See you back here on Wednesday. 

There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature