Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites July 5th


  Happy Friday friends! I hope you all had a fun Fourth of July! This has been kind of a wild week. We were on vacation last week and then coming back to work to kind of a short week, and then we head out again a week from today! I guess this is why I love Summer so much. Just a little less stucture to the days, travel, and lots of fun stuff!  

As always, I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 




one
So last week was the first of our college visits! I am still in disbelief that we are already here, but we had a fun week. I shared all the details on the first part of our trip here. We visited a couple of schools and then spent some time and beautiful Charleston. 





You can check out all the details on our trip and what we thought about the first two colleges we saw here. I’ll be sharing more on our trip to the college of Charleston and our time in Charleston next week!

two
My flowerpots made me really happy this week! My mom has a very green thumb. She has beautiful flowers and gardens. And that was just a trait that I didn’t seem to inherit. So when I plan something that I don't kill and actually seems to be thriving, it makes me pretty excited!



And speaking of flowers, Trader Joe's has the best out there! I bought these beauties this week. Their prices are also very reasonable!



three
I got my delivery of electrolytes this week. I typically order the watermelon, but wanted to mix it up this month. So I also got the sampler pack. That’s a great option if you’re looking to try these. Just a very clean way to get the electrolytes back in the body. No added junk, just some of the good stuff your body needs!
 

This was me off to work this week, and my Stanley was full of this!  I will also say that when I first tried them I found them to taste salty. It took a bit for me to fight the right amount of water. For me it is about 25-30 oz of water with one packet. 



four
 I saw some Old Navy activewear online and grabbed some pieces a few months ago. I have to tell you I love them. Way more affordable than some of the more premier athletic brands. So if I want to buy an outfit in a fun color, I go with Old Navy. Then if I get bored of the color, I didn’t spend a lot of money- they have 50% off sales so often. If I am buying a higher end athletic wear I got with a staple black. 

This color was a favorite for my workout this week. The tank you can grab here, and the pants are here. I got the color Orchidding Around. 


Also a favorite it was this nail polish color!  I borrowed it from Ella while we were a way. It looks much more coral-like in real life. The color is RainGlow. And I love my necklace that I got from the kids for Mother’s Day.

five
This sauce from Trader Joe’s is so good! Unfortunately, I think it’s seasonal, because I went back Wednesday to get some and my store was out. If you’re lucky enough to find it, grab a few jars. Super simple dinner with pasta, grilled corn and then top with either shrimp or chicken. I use this marinade on repeat for chicken and shrimp.  I think it would also be delicious to add some grilled zucchini. It’s a really light sauce. I hope you can find it!


After being gone all week, I loved my trip to the grocery store. I know I’m probably alone in saying this but grocery shopping is hands down one of my favorite things. I’m sure it’s related to my love of cooking and food, because I just love it. Now I don't love waiting in line on a crazy busy weekend afternoon, but early Saturday or Sunday morning is my jam!


On our way home, I planned out our meals for the week. If you follow along on Instagram, I share our meal plans every week! 



Looks like a beautiful weather weekend for us, hoping to enjoy most of it outside! Wishing you the best weekend friends!

 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites July 5th"
  1. The college visit looks like fun and your flowerpots are so pretty.
    I love all the seasonal stuff like that sauce but when you find something you like it is rubbish that it's not an all year round thing.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature