Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday July 2024

  Hi friends! It's the last Wednesday of the month and I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for a little What's Up Wednesday. I fun post sharing a little food, a little what we're wearing, a little of what we're doing, a little what we're watching and a little bit of everything all in one post!



What We're Eating This Week

I shared this recipe for Greek Chicken Meatballs on the blog on Monday. We love a good bowl meal and this one has great flavors. 


These BBQ Chicken Naan Pizzas are a perfect meal for Summer. They come together so quick and everyone can customize to their liking. 


And these Sesame Ginger Steak Skewers were a winner at our table!! I share our meal plan each week over on Instagram stories. We would love to have you follow along there



What I'm Reminiscing About

While I love my kids at the age they are at, I do sometimes miss these years... like when they would randomly want to host a lemonade stand. 


But I do love the fact that I also have a licensed driver now and I can send her to the grocery store to grab something I may have forgotten to make dinner!


What I'm Loving

Kind of random, but these shortsThey are a fraction of the price of Lululemon. Come in lots of colors and are super comfortable. The waist band is not constricting, they don't ride up between my legs when I walk and they have a convenient little zip pocket. 



What We've Been Up To

Well after an amazing trip to the Carolinas, which you can read about here. And a fairly adventurous trip to Lake George, which I will share about soon... but this boat pic is a hint....


We are enjoying some much needed time at home, relaxing!


And going out for ice cream!


And watching my plants bloom.... especially because I am not known for a green thumb!


And as much as I love to travel and see new places, I do love my routine. Things like working out with my girl every week makes me happy!


What I'm Dreading

The end of Summer. No question about it. 


What I'm Excited About

This is Ella's senior year! While it’s bittersweet, I’m so excited for her to experience all the fun things in her senior year of high school. 



I’m sure in a few months I’ll be switching this to my "what I'm dreading category", but for now I’m really excited for her!


What I'm Watching/Reading

Olympics! I just love watching them! Track & field, swimming, and gymnastics are my favorites. Paul and Luke are both into USA Basketball, and I am also loving the commentary from Snoop!



 It's so awesome seeing these athletes that have worked so hard for their dreams, become a reality!

I recently read these three books. This first one I liked, but didn't love. 


This next one was by the same author and I loved it. There were some references from the first book, but it's not a series. I cried my way through the last 20 pages!


This last one was Swan Song from Elin Hildebrand. I have read so many of her books based in Nantucket. This was her final novel in that genre and it was ok. I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. I loved all the character and places references from her other books, but it just didn't tie it all together like I hoped. It felt a little unfinished. 


What I'm Listening To 

Oh just Paul & I commentating the Olympics and realizing we have no idea what we are talking about!

       


What I'm Wearing

 A little recap of some vacation inspired looks. This dress was so cute for a Summer dinner. And Ella's was so pretty on her, I loved the tiered look. Her dress is under $25 and comes in 4 colors. 


This workout tank is sooooo good!!! Like I can't say enough about it, and half the price of Lulu Lemon. It comes in like 20 colors too!  And Vineyard Vines hats are my most favorite to wear in the Summer. 


My white blazer has been a Summer staple! It’s still 50% off!! And I get compliments on these shoes every time I wear them!


I got this swim cover up years ago, but it's so good! It's comfortable, works if you are eating at a beachside spot and comes in several colors. I have it in black too!


I think I shared this last week, but these tanks from Old Navy are my Summer go to. With a built in bra, straps that don't fall down, and several color options you can't go wrong! These are my favorite sneakers. They are beyond comfortable, look cute and I am embarassed to admit how many pair I own.....



 I have this tee from Free People in white that I love, but then found a dupe for half the price. The FP one is a bit lighter weight. This one is thicker, but a very similar style. Really comfy to throw on to head to a workout to be outside, it's very breathable. 



What I'm Doing this Weekend

Actually not a whole heck of a lot and I am ok with that!!


What I'm Looking forward to Next Month

While I do love the more low key schedule of Summer, I am ready to get back to watching my crew get into their Fall Sports. As crazy as it is with school and practices, it's so fun to watch them do what they love!


Here's to the last day of July my friends! 

See you back here on Friday. There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo

Genevieve


p.s. I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. Thank you for supporting my blog. 

1 comment on "What's Up Wednesday July 2024"
  1. Aw, senior year is exciting! All those lasts get so sad though. I really have to start Just For the Summer.. I do have it downstairs and have heard such great reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature