Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites... A New Year!

Happy New Year friends!!! So glad to be back here blogging with you. We had a fun (and busy) last couple weeks. I want to start off this new year by saying thank you to all of you that have been reading along with us over this last year.
Image result for thank you pictures gold dots
 It has been fun to meet new friends and share a little bit of our world. We had over 10,000 readers last month....and that just makes me smile. To think I have connected with so many people through this little platform.  So thank you for following along. I promise some more fun this year, so stay tuned!
I am excited to link up with three of my favorite blogging friends,  Erika, Narci & Andrea for the first Friday Favorites of 2018!

one
We had a really great 2017. I shared a post last week, looking back at some of my favorite moments from the year.
It's times like this that I love blogging even more. I can look back at moments in our life and see the stories I have written. 
If you missed our 2017 wrap up, you can catch up here.
two
Getting back to routines has been a favorite this week. I love the holiday season....eating appetizers for dinner....lots of time with friends & family.... no schedules during winter break....but I love when it's all done too. That fresh start feeling the new year brings....
decorations come down.....
healthier meals back on the table....
and simple things, like enjoying hot cocoa after playing outside!
three
The Buffalo Bills are going to the playoffs this weekend. It has been a long time....17 years to be exact.
 This town is beyond excited for Sunday's game... Go Bills!!!
four
I saw these pretty tulips in our grocery store.
 They sure made me smile through our negative temps this week.
five
I love me some Justin Timberlake. So it was no surprise how excited I was to hear that he has a new CD coming out next month.
He released some of the new music last night, so chances are I am listening to it as you read this post.
And a new CD means a tour. So there's that! I mean it has been over 3 years since I last saw him in concert...it's time.
six
I walked into Luke's room on Wednesday night and saw this. Both the Bills and the Panthers (his favorite team) are playing in the playoffs this weekend and he is torn on which team to wear to school on Friday. I strongly suggested going with the hometown team...The Bills.
But what I love most about this picture is how he lays his outfits out. He has always done it this way. He lines the clothes on the floor to look exactly like if you were wearing them. My favorite part is how he lays the socks, one at the bottom of each pant leg. 
Little things like this make me smile.
I am ready for a whole lot of nothing this weekend!! My goal is to stay out of Target, Home Goods, etc.... After all the Christmas comes down, I get the urge to get new stuff! You too??
Have the best weekend friends. Stay warm & Go Bills!
See you on Monday, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
4 comments on "Friday Favorites... A New Year!"
  1. Happy New Year and happy weekend! I love how your son lays out his clothes too;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute how your son lays his clothes out! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I just love tulips! They were the flowers I chose for my bouquet at my wedding even though I was warned they wouldn't hold up well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fresh start feeling the new year brings! Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature