Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table #2 Broccoli Quinoa Casserole

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a relaxing weekend!
We are a few weeks into our routine of incorporating more plant-based meals into our weekly meal plan and I am loving it.! Last week I shared one of our favorite soups, and this week I wanted to share a new recipe we tried. I came across this Broccoli Quinoa Casserole from Eat Good 4 Life.
I followed the recipe pretty close and just made a few changes.
It was loaded with lots of goodness.. quinoa, broccoli, pesto, spinach and cheese.

I thought it was interesting that the quinoa went in the oven uncoooked. I was a bit skeptical on how it would work, but it cooked perfectly. I used a mix of red and white quinoa because that's what I had on hand.
I boiled the stock, pesto, and a few other ingredients and then poured over the quinoa & scallions.
Then in went the spinach & cheese. This is where I deviated a bit. The recipe called for 12oz+ of mozzarella, plus 1/3 cup of parmesan. That seemed like a lot of cheese, so I ended up using 8oz of mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan.
Everything cooked for about half an hour and then I mixed in the broccoli and sprinkled with a bit more cheese.
It was delicious and very filling. Ella said it kind of tasted like mac-n-cheese. I added a few crushed red pepper flakes to mine... I like some heat! It made enough for the 4 of us for dinner and a couple lunches the next day. It was a perfect lunch!
You can grab the recipe below if you want to try this one.
And if you want to take a peek at a week of meals, you can check out our meal plan from last year.
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature