Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites... Hello February!

Happy Friday Friends!!!!
So I am not sure about you, but this week seemed to fly by! I mean January took forever and just like that, we are already one week into Febraury!
Maybe it's because we are T-minus one week until we are going on vacation. Or maybe it's because we had Spring like temps this week. Whatever it was, this week went by fast!

Let's get into some Friday favorites. As always, I am linking up with my favorite bloggers, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few favorites from the week! 


one
The warm weather and sunshine on Sunday & Monday was a favorite!!! After a cold and snowy January it felt good to see blue sky and sunshine. We had a racoon in the creek next to our house and he had climbed up a tree. The kids were fascinate and grabbed their binoculars to get a better look. 
In case you are not from here, it's totally normal to wear shorts with snow boots on a 55 degree day here in Buffalo😉 
Maddie was happy to enjoy the sunshine too! 

two 
Luke had his buddy over and they played for hours with their makeshift monster truck ramp. Made from some old pieces of siding, duct tape and a laundry basket.... hours of entertainment! I love how they can play with the most random things in such a creative way. 

three
My favorite thing about the Superbowl was the fun treats at my grocery store. Other than that I thought game, commercials and halftime show were all blah! 

four 
A favorite of mine is walking in and seeing Ella's room and her desk in perfect order. I just love how neat and organized she is. Last Friday night she was busy filling in her planner for February.

five
Ok...here's a fun mom story! Yesterday morning Luke was not getting dressed for school and I was trying to move him along. He told me he needed a "fancy" red shirt. He told me at 7:44 am that he needed to dress like a loyalist for a debate he was doing. 
My reactions were....
1. Why are we sharing this at 7:44am? We have to be out the door in 16 minutes.
2. What do you mean "fancy" shirt? A polo or dress shirt
3. What is a loyalist? That one I asked google! Ha!
So we found a red shirt, that had a baseball on it so he wore it backwards. 
Then he asked if we had a white wig? Um- no.
He wanted a white mustache. So while he ate breakfast I used cotton balls, a glue gun and some random craft ribbon to create a white mustache.
 And in a matter of minutes, my loyalist was ready for the debate! He was trying to give me some sort of side eye-serious face.

six
I feel like I am a little late to the game, but I added a few Valentine's touches around the house. A little holiday decor is always a favorite. 

seven 
Speaking of Valentine's Day, I shared a fun post on Monday all about relationships. 
If you missed it, you can catch up here

eight
Last up- this was a favorite of yours from last week's post!! So many of you ordered  this set, so I thought I would share again in case you missed it.
Leather Earrings Lightweight Faux Leather Leaf Earrings Teardrop Dangle Handmade for Women Girls 8 Pairs
You get all 8 pairs for less than $15! Such a fun way to give  freshen up your Winter look!

We have a sports filled weekend with a few basketball games and we are all heading to the Sabres game with my family! And Ella and I are off to find some shorts for vacation. That girl has sprouted up since the end of Summer!
Have the best weekend friends!
See you next week, there is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

4 comments on "Friday Favorites... Hello February!"
  1. I'm loving Ella's set up! I spy some Happy Planner stickers too. :) Also, what a creative mama with only 16 minutes, Luke looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the loyalist outfit...you came through! Those earrings are so cute. That is a great price for them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out those earrings!!! I'm obsessed with leather ones and those are a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Genevieve! You had so many great favorites, I agree, the best part about the Superbowl are all the goodies and appetizers. I also love the set of earrings that you shared, I have a few pairs like that and wear them all the time. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature