Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday...February Edition

Hi friends!!! So somehow tomorrow is the last day of February and I feel like this sums up the first two months of 2019....
Yep. Not sure where Feburary went! Since it is the last week of the month, I am linking up with Sha and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday... February Edition. 
 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....


What we're eating this week......
We are getting back from vacation this week, so a I planned meals that were easy & healthy, like this Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli.

And some simple salmon.....

What I'm reminiscing about.......
That one day earlier this month that we saw the sun!!

 The past two months have been so cold & dreary,so that day of sunshine felt so good!

What I'm loving.....
More daylight!!!  I love that we still have some daylight left after dinner. It gives me hope that Spring is coming!

What we've been up to......
We just got back from a visit to Florida. I will share more on here soon, but it was quite the trip. You can check out a bit here. While we had some unexpected parts, we still found time to enjoy the sunshine!

What I'm dreading....
Nothing right now😊

What I'm working on......
Planning a fun surprise for Luke's Birthday! He is turning 10 on April 3 and we are planning a fun trip to celebrate!

What I'm excited about......
Training for another half marathon! I have the itch to do another one and am excited to start training!


What I'm watching/reading.....
I finished 5 books on our trip and really loved them all! I will share my review here later this week, but here is a peek at what I read.

What I'm listening to......
Every month, this is always the hardest question for me!!!  I am a huge fan of silence. Don't get me wrong, I love music, but there are many times I am in the car without the radio on!! You may think I am crazy, but I really enjoy quiet time. Am I alone on this one???

What I'm wearing......
These three were on repeat on vacation last week!
This purse is my favorite travel purse ever!!

Crossbody Bag
I have it in black and just got the olive too. It's a great size-not too big or too small and is comfortable to carry. You can wipe it clean if anything spills. It's the perfect travel bag!! I am wearing it here, cruising around Boston. It fit everything I needed for the day and had a great front pocket to hold all our maps and tourist stuff😊
So while I was ordering my olive bag, a few other things caught my eye...
I have these wedges in black and LOVE them!!! So comfy and they look cute with leggings or skinny jeans. This grey color is perfect for Spring!

Sneaker Wedge
I packed my favorite Summer wedges for our trip next week and saw they have a similar style (at a much lower price) at Target. These have amazing reviews and come in 4 great neutral colors.

Wedge Sandal

What I'm doing this weekend......
We are heading out of town for a basketball tournament to watch this cutie play!


What I'm looking forward to next month.....
All of our St. Patrick's Day Shenanigans!!!!  You know, like green velvet cupcakes!!

What else is new.....
Not too much.... we had a sweet Valentine's Day.... 
 .....and we are patiently waiting for warmer days😉


Bonus Question... 
What is your favorite board game to play with your kids??
Well my kids favorite board game to play is Monopoly. Does that make you cringe? I feel like the game takes forever and it never really ends!!!
If I get to pick the game, I love good 'ol Chutes and Ladders! And we love playing Uno, especially on the boat in the Summer!
And that wraps up what we have been up to this month!
See you soon....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "What's Up Wednesday...February Edition"
  1. Oh I can not wait for spring! How nice to have soaked up some rays in Florida. You are not alone... when I'm by myself in the car I often turn off the radio and enjoy the silence too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! We are headed to florida in a few weeks for spring break.Those cupcakes look yummy,hope you made some for this weekend

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature