Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

TBB Asks.... Relationships

Happy Monday friends!!! We made it to February!! I am finishing up this post on Sunday morning, so not sure who won the big game last night. Three of us were #teamrams and one was #teampats. So at least someone is happy this morning!
I am linking up with my friends at The Blended Blog for their monthly link up. This month's is a fun Q&A around relationships!

Who is your oldest friend and how did you meet?
I met my friend Erin when I was 4 and she was 5. We met in kindergarten and became the best of friends. Here we are celebrating my birthday. Apparently we both loved a good red jumper! HA!
And here we are, still celebrating nearly 40 years later.....
We were best of friends while we were younger and then lost touch for a while as we went to different colleges (you know, before emails and texting!) And then....funny story....about 9 years ago I got a knock on the door. To my surprise it was Erin and her daughter. They were moving back to the area and bought a house on the same street! So now our daughters have become the best of friends...
And she is my favorite concert going partner!
Tell us about your circle of support. Who are your people?
My parents and my siblings for sure.....
There for me whenever I need them and always up for an adventure!
And this crew right here... our neighbors,
 that became our family....

How did you meet your partner?
I worked at the mall with a girl, and her husband worked with Paul, so they set us up to meet. I think Paul was dating like 4 different girls when I first met him....I still harass him about that every now and then😉
One of our first dates was kayaking...second was mountain biking...
I had never skiied and he bought me skis for Christmas....
I think we dated for a few months before we did something simple like dinner and a movie!
But I love his adventurous side and the adventures we have done as a family! So happy I get to grow old with this guy!

How is Valentine's Day celebrated in your home?
Our favorite tradition is probably packing for vacation! Ha! We always go on vacation around that time, so we are usually packing or on our way! But I do love to make a fun dinner with lots of sweet treats for my crew.
And here are a few of my favorite things to do!

What is your Love Language?
I'll be honest... I had no idea when I saw this question! So I did what anyone would do and I "googled it". A quiz popped up, I answered some questions and this was what it said.....

Acts of Service

You express and feel love through acts of service. That can mean cleaning, cooking, driving, or running an errand. These actions make you feel loved, and when someone doesn’t do these things for you, you feel unwanted or unappreciated. In turn, you show you care by doing nice things for others.

I would say it is pretty accurate. I appreciate spending time together or doing something over some lavish gifts. So now I know... my love language is Acts of Service! Paul must have known this, as he climbed the ladder to wash windows😉

Do you prefer receiving flowers or chocolates?
I would say neither, but if I have to choose I would say flowers. But not some expensive bouquet of roses. I am happy with a bright bunch of tulips!

What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received or have given?
Gosh this is a tricky one.  I have to say I am probably a more practical gift giver and put practical things on my wishlist. I would say the most meaningful gift I have received was a surprise party for my 40th birthday. It was a special night with some of my dearest friends and family. Paul planned it with the kids and they were so excited and it was one of the best gifts I have ever received!!!

Such a fun little Q&A as we kick off this month filled with love!
Have the best Monday! See you soon, there is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve



4 comments on "TBB Asks.... Relationships"
  1. Ohhhhhh how fun is this! Acts of service is a close second for me. Love tulips also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers! And that is awesome that you reconnected with your bestie after all that time! Thanks for linking up with us 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story of your bestie and the reconnection! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Tulips are my favorite as well! For years, Erik would get me red roses and I don’t care for red roses. Pink maybe but tulips are my favorite! Love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature