Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites....I'm Back!

Happy Friday friends!!
After a bit of a blogging hiatus, I am so excited to be back this week!
I am getting back into my groove and linking up with my favorite bloggers, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few favorites from the week! 


one
My crew went back to school this week.  Ella has been ready to go back since school let out in June! She loved her first year of middle school last year and could not wait to get back. She was pumped to start 7th grade with a fresh set of school supplies, schedule and all her friends!
Luke got excited about it the night before. He was a bit apprehensive about how his new class would be. Luke loves each of his classes hard and he struggles when the year is over. He thinks the next year could never be as great as the previous one. Day one he said was "just ok", but by day 2 he was starting to fall in love with his new class.
I think I have shared this before, but I am not the mom that is crying on the first day of school wondering "where did my babies go??" While yes it goes by so fast, I love watching them grow and do new things each year.

two
This kid talking on the phone is one of my favorite things ever. Probably because he has to ask how to use it. Ha!!  When Luke came home with his yearbook last year, it was signed by his friends and their phone numbers (mostly girls). A couple weeks ago the class assignments came out and I found him with his yearbook calling all his friends to see what teachers they had. He talked to kids, parents, anybody that answered. I just love that side of him.....not too many 10 year old boys are picking up the phone to chat :)

three
I usually make chocolate chip cookies for a treat after the first day of school, but saw Mix & Match Mama share this recipe and it screamed Back to School
Fresh Apple Cake Recipe, Fresh Apple Cake
It was so good.... the perfect little fall dessert! You can grab the recipe here.

four
One of my favorite things this week was coming back to blogging after taking a little break. Between a crazy new job and a whirlwind trip earlier this year I decided to take a blogging break. I shared a little bit about why in this post.
I really missed writing, missed connecting with readers... and I am so glad to be back. I have some great new recipes, new book reviews and new adventures to share with you!
I hope you guys all have the best first weekend of September. I'll be over here fighting the urge to put pumpkins all over the house😉
See you next week... there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
3 comments on "Friday Favorites....I'm Back!"
  1. I missed your blog during your break and I am happy to hear that all is well! (: Julie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back! It's hard to find moms that blog with older kids that are going through the same life stuff I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I already gave up and put pumpkins all around; even though my family keeps telling me it's not fall yet. It sure does feel like fall here and if I'm wearing seaters I'm putting out the cutesy fall stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature