Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Summer Kickoff - Kenny Chesney in Pittsburgh


 Hey friends! Hope you are off to great first week of June. We are officially in my favorite season. I love the months of June, July & August. The weather, the easier schedule with the kids, the longer days, the food,  just all of it. 

Another favorite part of this time of year is Summer concert season. We kicked off our first concert of the year in April, and the weather was not exactly what I had hoped for. We were in winter coats and hats to see Luke Combs. We still had an awesome time, but it was an outdoor show and about 38°.



So I was really pumped to see temperatures in the 80s for our next concert. We went with some friends to Pittsburgh to see Kenny Chesney. He was in concert along with Zac Brown Band, Megan Moroney, and Uncle Kracker. We saw Kenny in Pittsburgh two years ago and had so much fun, that when we saw he was coming back again. we knew we had to get tickets.

We headed down Friday afternoon. Once we checked into our hotel, we walked over to a great taco spot to grab lunch. I could eat Mexican inspired food every day of my life. 




I guess there’s multiple locations of this restaurant, called the Bakersfield. They had great cocktails, and even better loaded queso! If you stumble upon one, I highly recommend it!

After lunch, we headed back to the hotel and took the most glorious middle of the day Friday afternoon nap!

We grabbed a late bite for dinner at a restaurant right across the street, where we could eat outside. There's another reason,I love these Summer months.....eating outside just makes everything better! 




Saturday morning we slept in, grabbed coffee and headed out on a walk to see how far the stadium was from our hotel. I was up earlier than Paul so I hung out in the lobby for a bit and almost finished my book. 


Off to explore! There were a lot of events happening Pittsburgh on Saturday and they were saying traffic and parking could be a little tricky. Our server on Friday told us it was a pretty easy walk. We headed across the bridge and what a sight! There were a ton of boats docked along the river in preparation for the concert. Such a fun vibe!



Our friends got in around lunchtime. And since we loved our time at the Bakersfield so much, we took them back for lunch on Saturday. We did an assortment of different tacos and they did not disappoint! 


After lunch, we made our way back across the bridge to the concert. There are a couple of bars right outside the stadium so we stopped at Jason Aldean‘s, and then onto Tequila Cowboy. Lots of people, live music and great patios. It kind of felt like Nashville!



The show was so amazing! There were four acts, and it started at 5 PM and I think wrapped up around 11.





Walked over 23,000 steps! My feet were doing well until the last 10th of a mile, when I could feel a blister on my left pinky toe. But I was pretty impressed that I made it 12+ hours in my cowboy boots.


We took Sunday morning slow, stopped by a local shop to grab coffee and breakfast and made our way back home.



It was a fun weekend and I will share some of my life advice… Always buy the concert tickets! I have never once said I wish I didn’t go to the concert. 


Wishing you the best day! See you back here for Friday Favorites. 

There’s always room for one more at our family table.

xoxo

Genevieve



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature