Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites June 14th

  Happy Friday friends! I am so ready for the weekend!!! As always, I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 





one
One of my favorite things, is watching my kids do some of their favorite things. Luke wrapped up his travel volleyball season this weekend. He really has grown so much as a player. He’s found his niche in playing a specialized position, the Libero.




We were able to have all the grandparents there to help cheer him on! Volleyball tournaments can be a little wild. There are balls flying everywhere and whistles blowing across all the courts.




two
Ella started her first job last weekend. She is working at the cutest little Summer spot.




Paul and I stopped by on her second night to visit her!



three
Summer vacation for my crew is always a favorite! They have a couple exams left next week, but other than that I will officially have a senior and a sophomore and high school next year!!  Bring on a more relaxed Summer schedule!


I was thrilled to make my last lunches on Tuesday. While it only takes five minutes or so each morning, I feel like I get hours back in my day if I don’t have to make two lunches!! LOL


I snapped this picture of Luke. He was wrapped up with school, and came home to relax on the couch and review the school yearbook with a bag of snacks.


four
This was my volleyball look the other day. I got this crossbody from Target and I love it! It’s quilted and has a front zipper. I wore it walking around Pittsburgh and it’s perfect for Summer.
It took me a while to catch onto the Stanley craze. While I do not have a collection of them, I have one that my girlfriend sent me and I  really have grown to love it! I may need a brightly colored one for Summer!



I have seen the midi satin skirts around, and I think it’s such a cute trend. I paired it with a sleeveless sweater for work this week.


I think it would also be cute with a tee and a jean jacket.


Ella has a pink one that looked adorable when she wore it for a school awards ceremony.


I did a restock on our favorite face sunscreen! This one is the best. I love the glow tint to give a little coverage and shimmer while protecting my skin! I also got the glow stick for a quick and easy application.  If you have not tried this brand, I highly recommend you grab this little kit. It gives you three of the best products!


five
On Monday, I shared a super simple summer marinade. We have used it to make all kinds of dishes. I used it again this week to marinate shrimp and it was amazing. You can grab the recipe here. 


I grilled a few ears of corn, cut it off the cob and tossed it with pasta and this new to me sauce from Trader Joe’s. Added the grilled shrimp and some fresh basil and dinner was so simple & delicious. I think this sauce is only seasonal, so I’m going to have to stop by to grab a few more jars!



Well, I had to turn the heat on in the house earlier this week, but this weekend and the week ahead finally looks like Summer! Temperatures in the mid 80s and 90. That is my favorite weather!  Excited to finally get some boat time this weekend, and then spend time with our dads with a little  BBQ at our house to celebrate Father's Day,

Have a great weekend friends!

 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.

xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites June 14th"
  1. Well done to Luke, it sounds like he has really enjoyed playing volleyball. How lovely that all the grandparents were there to cheer him on.
    Well done to Ella with her new job, you must be so proud.
    That skirt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature