Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Greek Salmon with Orzo Summer Salad

 Happy Monday friends!! I have had a busy few days, coming off a quick trip to Boston, a really fun Summer concert and we are off for an adventure this week!

I have said this a million times here, but we love salmon. So when I came across this recipe for Greek Salmon with Orzo Summer Salad I knew I needed to try it. It seems a bit complex and daunting when reading it, but I gave it a go and it came together quicker than I thought!

The salmon marinaded for a bit with some balsamic vinegar, shallots, spices and lemons. 

Part of the recipe was to grill the lemons, then chop them and add to the feta. I chose to skip all that and I still found the meal to be so full of flavor. 


While the salmon was marinating and the orzo was cooking I got everything else chopped up. Chick peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green olives, roasted red peppers- so many great flavors and textures!


I grilled the salmon and took the lemon slices off before I flipped them. While the salmon was cooking, it gave time for the orzo to cool. 


Now it was time to mix up everything and a little feta. 


We layered the salmon on top of the salad for a great Summer dinner!



If you are not a fan of salmon, the salad would be great with chicken or shrimp. It is also a great stand alone salad to bring to a BBQ this Summer! You can grab the recipe and all the details here

Have a great week friends!

See you back here on Wednesday!

There is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve





1 comment on "Something New for Your Family Table Greek Salmon with Orzo Summer Salad"
  1. Oh I just love salmon and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. Just added this to next week's menu. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature