Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Turkey Quinoa Bowls

Hi friends! I’m not sure where this last week went, but it totally got away from me and I have not been in this blogging space all week! I usually share something new for your family table on Mondays, but that didn’t happen so it’s coming to you on a Thursday. 

This is kind of one of those recipes that isn’t necessarily a fancy or formal recipe. It’s kind of a couple things thrown together to make a pretty good meal.
One of my girlfriends shared it with me and I kind of just took the concept of it and created our own version. 

You cook some ground turkey, season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, cook some quinoa and roast some veggies. You assemble the bowls together and drizzle it all with a lemon vinaigrette and it’s just a super simple dinner that is full of flavor.

You can roast whatever vegetables you want. I did broccoli, sweet potato sticks and cauliflower and then added some beets.

You can roast or grill corn on the cob and then take it off the cob to add it, or you can do zucchini or carrots, whatever you have on hand. 


I roast my vegetables at 425 for around 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of them. I’ll toss them with olive oil and salt and pepper before I put them in the oven.

While those were cooking, I cooked thee quinoa according to the directions on the package. I browned about a pound and a half of turkey and seasoned it pretty simply with salt, pepper and garlic powder.


The last 10 or 12 minutes of the vegetables cooking, I added some already cooked beets. 


I made a pretty simple lemon vinaigrette to drizzle on top. 

Then everybody assembled their bowls with quinoa, turkey, vegetables, goat cheese, and a drizzle of the vinaigrette!


Simple dinner with great flavors and two thumbs up from the family!

See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites. 
There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo
Genevieve

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature