Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday.... February Edition

Happy Wednesday friends!! It's time to link up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday!
 A fun monthly post where we share what's happening in life lately.
What we're eating this week......
Well we are on vacation, so we have been eating out a lot! Down in Florida with lots of fresh seafood! I did share a great weekly meal plan on Monday.  This month, we have been sharing how to "Cook Once, Eat Twice". You can catch up on all this month's weekly meal plans.
What I'm reminiscing about......
Having 8 or 9 miles be my long runs! As I approach week 6 and 7 of marathon training, my long training runs are 14 miles or more for the next 7 weeks. That's a lot of miles.... and a lot of time! I am reminiscing about a "short" long run!!I am going to use this for the next few months....
What I'm loving.....
The last few weeks of low key weekends! We have not had too much going on, so we have been able to take it easy and do what we wanted to! Like a Friday night visit to the art museum!
What we've been up to......
Vacation!! Having a great trip visiting with Paul's parents! Can't wait to share our fun adventures with you when we get back!
What I'm dreading.....
Can't think of anything at the moment!
What I'm working on.....
Things to do this Spring & Summer! I wanted to make 2017 another year of adventures for our family and I am working on some fun plans. I try to make a list of places we want to visit or things we want to do, then research it to see what makes sense.  I like to find things to do that are fun and also free or low cost. It's fun to find a deal and teach the kids that we don't need to spend a lot to have fun! I'll be sure to keep you posted with our plans and please send any fun ideas you have my way!
What I'm excited about......
St. Patrick's Day Shenanigans!!!! We love setting leprechaun traps.... following scavenger hunts....and wearing lots of green!!
What I'm watching/reading.....
This is Us...
Oh my gosh! So I watched the first episode when it premiered in the fall, loved it, and then apparently fell in a black hole because I forgot about it. I mean I loved the premiere episode, everyone was talking about it.... and yet I'd forget about it when looking for something to watch! Anyway...I am just about caught up and it is just so good. Paul is even watching with me. He says "it's a lot of feelings".... but he likes it!
I have been reading a lot lately and finished up a few books on vacation. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my monthly book review! This was my favorite from the last few weeks....

And you can check out my January Book Review here.
What I'm listening to......
Justin Timberlake Radio on Pandora...... for every mile I run! I just love the mix of songs on there!!! And well I also love Justin Timberlake......who doesn't???
What I'm wearing.....
Running Pants....These are my favorite from Target! They keep my legs really warm during these cold Buffalo running days! I linked a similar pair here.
My new sneakers! I have run in Asics for a long time and was wanting a change. I bought the Brooks Ghost shoe and I love them!! The color is fun too!
My Look Wrap!  I talked about this one before and I just love it! I got it in a light grey color and it is perfect for travelling! 
You can wear it a million different ways!! 
Local friends you can grab yours at Research & Design. They have a ton of fabulous new colors!
What I'm doing this weekend.....
We are finishing up our vacation and exploring Hilton Head Island. It's a place we have not visited yet, and we try to see some place new on our trips back home from Florida. Really looking forward to checking it out! And then we are back on the road.... back home... to laundry!
What I'm looking forward to next month.....
Planning Luke's 8th birthday party! He is kind of all over the board... one day it's Harry Potter...the next a jungle theme...the next Lego! Hopefully we can settle on a theme soon and get to planning all the fun stuff!  We may have a Harry Potter travels to the jungle to meet Lego Batman party!  Last year was simple....Football.
What else is new......
Not much.... and I am ok with that! Anything fun happening with you?? 
Hope to see you tomorrow for our monthly book review.... there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "What's Up Wednesday.... February Edition"
  1. I love the "cook once, eat twice" concept! I'm always looking for ways to get yummy, healthy food on the table quickly! And that sweater wrap does look perfect for traveling - good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, just thinking about This Is Us makes me want to cry! Such a good show but show emotional! Totally checking out the cook once eat twice posts right now, that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature