Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites....It's February!

I cannot believe we are already into February! And that darn groundhog... 6 more weeks of Winter? #doeshereallyknowwhatheisdoing
Anyway.... I am looking forward to the Superbowl this weekend... food, commercials, halftime show and of course the game! I shared some ideas on some better for you snacks yesterday, including these super cute and yummy chocolate strawberry footballs!
You can check out my other ideas here.

I am linking up with  AndreaNarci, and Erika to share a few of my favorites from this week.

one
Random stuff from my kids....
Yes, that is Luke's whoopie cushion that I found in the wash. I can only imagine where in his laundry he had it stashed. The best part is all the tape trying to hold it together from overuse!
My kitchen helpers....
I think it is so important to teach kids to have a healthy relationship with food & how to make the right food choices. What better place to learn than in the kitchen? They make great sous chefs!
two
So I saw this floating around Pinterest and Facebook and thought it was a really sweet idea. From February 1 to Valentine's Day, hang a heart on your kids' door that says something you love about them. Such a sweet way for the kids to wake up. We are two days in and they love it. I also made some extra hearts and told them they could hang them on our bedroom door.... we could all use some more love.
I just picked up some heart doilies at the local dollar store and I wrote them all out ahead of time, so I just tape one up each morning. I am thinking this could be fun to do around birthdays too. Luke is turning 8 this year, so maybe the 8 days leading up to this birthday we could each put something about him or a memory on his door.
three
I know I have mentioned the reading thing a few times, but oh my gosh, I have a new found love of reading. I sneak it in whenever I can and have found myself abandoning TV for a good book. I have read three more since my January Book review! Something about it just makes me feel more relaxed. So glad I got into it again! Just wrapped up this one....
And I love this view each night....

four
Dark chocolate covered anything from Trader Joe's. We don't have one super close to us, but when I get there.....these are always in my cart!
five
This Mexican Quinoa Bake was so good! A healthier twist on the usual taco bake, but just as delicious! You can make it ahead of time and use chips to scoop it up! #winwin
I shared the recipe here in our weekly meal plan.

Tonight we are taking the kids to the Albright Knox Art Gallery. The first Friday of every month they have a Family day, offering free admission. It's been on my list for something to do for a while and we are heading there tonight. Ella has a birthday party on Saturday and then we are having some friends over for the SuperBowl. Do you guys have anything fun planned for the weekend??

See you on Monday with 5 Meals for your family table. This month we are sharing how to "cook once, eat twice". Be sure to stop by and check it out...there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
5 comments on "Friday Favorites....It's February!"
  1. Those chocolate covered goodies?? YUM!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the hearts on the door! I really love that you gave them some too! And I have been wanting to read "Beautiful Day" for a while. I think I will have to add it to my queue! Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl! -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sweet are the heart notes. ❤️. The whoopie cushion is hilarious. I have a 4 year old boy who we have not yet introduced to the world of whoopie cushions. He would love it though, I know it. Ha! Y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that heart idea; it's so cute! I love that you're doing it with your kids. I like the idea of doing it around their birthday too. Yay for finding your love of reading! I don't know what I'd do without books.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! I loved Beautiful Day! I listened to it on audiobook while I was driving so I got through it super fast!
    http://daysofawife.wixsite.com/kaseyholloway

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature