Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

How We Wednesday....How we do Fall!!!!

Happy Wednesday friends!!! Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for How We Wednesdays. Some fun topics on "how we do" life... and today's topic is about how we Fall!
I have to tell you I love Fall, but I also hate to see it come because that means Summer is coming to an end, and well, I love Summer. Also...Fall here feels really quick.. like it can be snowing on Halloween. But once I get over all that, I do love all the Fall things!!!
I did a post on a few Fall questions, so I thought I'd share some of those....it's the perfect peek at my Favorite Fall things!

Red, Yellow or Green Apples?
Red for baking, green for snacking. I love to go apple picking with my crew!!!
 If you go and have one million apples and need some apple recipe inspiration, you should check out my apple posts!

Favorite Fall Sport to Play?
I love tossing the ball around with Luke, but Fall is the perfect time to get out and run....
and grab a coffee with your girlfriend after😉 I am even more excited for Fall running this year.. I am coaching Girls on the Run at Ella's school. We start this afternoon and I am so excited!

Best Drink for Fall?
Apple Cider from Mayer Brothers. This is the cutest Cider Mill near our house that makes amazing apple cider, apple cider slushies, donuts, pies... all the fall goodness!

Favorite Fall Activity?
Heading to Ellicottville to see the leaves, pick pumpkins and ride the mountain coaster.

Must Have Fall Purchase?
I think it's a tie between some cute booties and a great military jacket or vest. I shared some of my favorite Target Fall finds here.
Like these adorable booties.
Women's Dylan MicroSuede Perforation Zipper Bootie - Universal Threadâ„¢ - image 1 of 3

Pumpkins:Pick your own or store bought?
Pick your own... part because it's fun, but mostly because I love my getting pictures with pumpkins every year!

Real or Fake Pumpkin?
Real...see above.

Favorite Halloween Costume?
So I love when we all dress as a theme. Not everyone is always on board, so years I have gotten a theme are my favorite. 
I am pushing hard for a theme this year and I think I am close to getting the family to agree. Well at least 3 out of 4😉

College Football or NFL?
Not too many "big colleges" around here to root for, so we are more NFL. #GoBills

Fall or Halloween Decor?
Definitely more Fall...
But I always do a fun Halloween dinner and tablescape. You can find some Halloween inspiration here.

Raking Leaves or no Leaves to rake?
Not too many, Paul usually blows them around with the lawn mower. But we have some pretty trees with beautiful Fall colors.

Favorite Fall Soup?
My black bean soup. You can grab the recipe here.

Favorite Fall Candle Scent?
I am super sensitive to smells, so I have always burned Yankee Macintosh Apple.
But this year I discovered Cinnamon Caramel Swirl at BBW and I am officially hooked!
 Cinnamon Caramel Swirl Single Wick Candle - Bath And Body Works


Favorite Halloween Candy?
Yep...... I know most people hate this one. I don't know what it is, but I love it. But.... I also eat like the whole bag when I first buy it and then I am done.

PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) Yes or No?
Love it,  but I always request only 2 pumps of the flavoring. 

Hayride or Cornmaze?
Hayride, I would feel so dizzy in a cormaze.

And let's talk about the kids in the Fall..... I feel like this is what I am dealing with every fall!
I mean they grow a ton each year!! I try to keep organized as I transition their closets over. I shared some of my organizing tips here

If you missed our other How We Wednesday, you can check them out here.
And this is what's coming up later this year...

Ok, now I am kind of excited for all the Fall things😉
Have the best day! See you soon, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
4 comments on "How We Wednesday....How we do Fall!!!!"
  1. What a great fall questionnaire! I bet you get some gorgeous fall color up there, and my kids would just love that apple cider! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black bean soup looks delicious! I'm going to save that for later! I love how your family dresses together for Halloween! Such a great tradition! - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your fall favorites -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get up to Mayer Bros. this fall I have never been there.Do you go to the Fall festival in Ellicottville? we try and make it every year

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature