Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Christmas Day Wrap Up & Sharing a dinner recipe!

This really was the best Christmas... the kids are at such a fun age for all the magic of this season! Yesterday I wrapped up our Christmas Eve and if you missed it, you can catch up here.We had a special day on Sunday... a day filled with laughter, family, and PJs all day!

Funny story about Christmas morning....
Last week I shared our Christmas traditions and I told you how I am always the first one up on Christmas morning. Like I have literally woken my kids up the past few years with my excitement! This year, Luke had trouble going to bed because he was so excited....so Santa came later...because he was waiting until the children were nestled all snug in their beds.
Since I was up late with Luke, I decided this year I was going to leave the lights on on the tree and the foyer and set the coffee maker on a timer and not set the alarm.... just enjoy the kids getting me up for a change. 
And this year....they were up at 4:30am!!! I mean... seriously... the year I decide to go with the flow they are up well before dawn. #karma
I thought about telling them to head back to bed... but there was no way that was happening....
So we were up... and loving life!!
Blurry with excitement! 

Pretty happy with his beanbag chair! 
 Excited to go through their stockings!

Exchanging the gifts they got for each other.

I got the new boots I was wishing for....and a new sink stopper & drying mat!
Paul modeling his new running hat & Yeti bottle opener....
E & L each gave us an ornament they made in school....my favorite gifts!
Paul & I had one more gift that we went down to the basement for .... they closed their eyes in anticipation!
Maddie went to town...shredding every tennis ball that was under the tree for her!
And after such an early wakeup, this was the scene at 7am........#wipedout

After the morning nap we were recharged and got to our tradition of fresh squeezed OJ.

My parents & sister stopped by to check out what Santa brought..lots of Lego building & playing with the new foosball table.
We tried out the Snoopy sno cone maker that Luke wanted. I think its the same design as when I was a kid & not very easy to use. Cranking an ice cube through the plastic house was HARD! We improvised and used crushed ice from the refrigerator and topped it with the syrup!

After playing, Ella & I put on our matching aprons and she helped me with dinner.
We used a selfie stick for the first time and took a pic of our Christmas Dinner.... still in our PJs!
After dinner the kids wanted to bring their new stuff to their rooms. I helped Luke organize his books. I have mentioned he loves reading & got 21 new books... he was ecstatic! His new bean bag chair was perfect and he has a comfy spot to read in his room.
Ella got a new comforter, pillow case and some decorative pillows for her bed. I helped her redo her bedding and she was so excited! She is also showing off her new jeans and shirt!
We ended our night with PieFace.....so.....much...fun!
And that's a wrap for Christmas 2016! We had so much fun packing in as many Christmas things as we could! 
It's been a bit since I shared a recipe with you!!  We had a lot of ham left after our dinner and used it to make one of my family's favorites... Pasta with Peas & Ham. I make a few substitutions to make it a bit lighter. You can find the recipe here.
I hope you all had a fun weekend too!! We will see you back here on Friday with some of our Friday Favorites and fun from Winter break. Hope to see you then.... there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve










Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature