Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday December Edition

Four more days til Christmas!! I can't hardly stand it! Once a month, I link up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday.
A fun monthly post where we share "What's Up". You can visit last month's here
What we are eating this week.....
I cooked my first every turkey on Sunday and it was delicious! It even looked pretty too...
We ate this for a few days. I used a recipe from Ina Garten that you can find here
We are also having Coconut Crusted Cod. It's a little taste of the tropics on a winter day & you can find the recipe here.
What I'm reminiscing about...
Our sweet gingerbread party we hosted a few weeks ago. It was such a fun afternoon with some of my girlfriends and their girls. You can check out all the details here.
What I am loving......
All thing Christmas! All the feels of Christmas... the lights, the sounds, the smells.. the traditions. It's my favorite month of the year and we are soaking it all in! I shared some of our Christmas Eve & Day traditions on Tuesday. If you missed it you, can check out all our fun traditions here

What we have been up to....
More Christmas shenanigans! Visiting Santa, checking out Niagara Falls in the snow and starting to bake for our neighborhood cookie exchange this week! The kids have also been loving all the snow...they have been outside playing in it every day!



What I am dreading.....
Not much right now, I am just soaking in all the fun this month..... not thinking about January...yet 😉

What I am working on.....
Some healthy twists on casserole recipes to share next month. Everyone loves a cozy casserole, especially in the cold winter months. They are often loaded with lots of carbs & cheese.... so we are switching it up with some better for you casseroles. Ill be sharing these recipes in a post next month.

What I am excited about.....
All these fun Christmas cards coming in! I LOVE seeing everyone's family each year! I know some people opt out of cards, but I get so excited seeing them come in and we hang them in our kitchen. The kids love opening them each day after school and seeing all their friends on the cards! Here is our card from  this year..

What I am Watching/Reading
We started watching "Divorce" on HBO, only because I love Sarah Jessica Parker. We are 3 episodes in and I am on the fence with this one. Can't decide if I like it or not.  We will give it one or two more to see if it clicks for us!
What I am listening to.... 
Christmas music! #obviously  But I have been mixing in a little Bruno Mars for fun... I love his new CD. #danceparty
What I am wearing.....
It's been pretty cold here, so we have been bundling up! I got the cutest pompom hat at Research & Design. Perfect for Buffalo winters!
It comes in black too. #mightneedanotherone
What are we doing this week....
Baking cookies! I have our neighborhood cookie exchange this week. I love to get lots of different cookies, but only bake one kind! We are also doing our neighborhood caroling on Friday night. We had so much fun doing this last year. And the weather looks pretty good...yay!
What I am looking forward to next month....
I just ordered a new workout DVD and I cannot wait to start it! I love being able to workout at home.... especially during winter! If you want to try this one too, you can order it here.
What else is new....
 Not too much besides our Christmas fun! Luke had a neat project for school where he had to design a new ride for Santa. He had to sketch it out and then make a model. He came up with a cool blue car that was extra fast!


Bonus Question!
Favorite Memory of 2016
Wow... this was tough... so many great things this last year! I think my favorite memory was our trip to Crystal River in Florida to swim with the manatees. It was such a cool experience for the kids to snorkel right alongside the manatee. 



Can' beat family photos in snorkel masks and wetsuits!
Whew!!! That's it for What's Up... we sure are packing it all in this month! What are you guys up to?? Hope to see you back for Friday Favorites....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature