Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Five Meals for Your Family Table.....Week 47

Happy Cyber Monday! So it appears I got 10,000 new emails since Thursday! I used to really have me inbox organized, but somehow I am now more like that inbox on the right.....
Image result for email inbox meme
and I need to get it cleaned up. #toomanyemails
Now onto something I have a bit better organized, our weekly meal plan. However after Thanksgiving and a weekend spent visiting with good friends, this sums up my mood last night!
Image result for holiday eating meme
So this week's menu is a bit on the lighter side. Here are some ideas for your family table this week, so you can spend more time shopping today!
one
I need easy to start of the week after a long holiday weekend.  One of my favorite go to easy meals is a make your own pizza and salad bar.  Grab some whole wheat or whole grain naan or flatbreads for your crust. Lay out lots of topping options and bake at 425 for about 5-7 minutes. While the pizzas are cooking, build your salads. Be sure to put out veggies in lots of great colors! I really like Mid's pizza sauce & shred my own mozzarella from a block. It melts so much better and doesn't have the caking agent that the pre- shredded cheese has.  My kids love to build their own dinners!
two
Shrimp Tacos are a fun twist on Taco Tuesday. Place some uncooked, peeled shrimp in a grill basket and drizzle with a little EVOO and a sprinkle of taco seasoning. Grill for a 5-7 minutes until the shrimp turn pink. Shredded purple cabbage, pineapple salsa, fresh cilantro and avocado are some of the best shrimp taco toppings... in my opinion!
I shared my taco bar tips here.
three
Hummus Crusted Chicken is a new favorite here. Simple dish, full of flavor! I put about a pound of chicken breasts in a 13*9 glass dish, sprinkle with salt & pepper and cover in about 3/4 cup of hummus. I used garlic hummus, but you can use any flavor you want. Bake at 450 for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. We paired with with some Mediterranean couscous. Toss cooked couscous with some chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, parsley, and feta. Drizzle with a little EVOO, the juice of half a lemon and season with salt & pepper. 
four
Soup... in winter...perfect! This Turkey, Bean & Spinach soup is one of our most popular recipes adn comes together pretty quickly. You can grab the recipe for this soup here.
five
This frittata is easy and a great way to empty out the fridge. You can use any veggies, meat or cheese you want! Take 10 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper gently whisk together and set aside. Using a large, oven safe fry pan heat a few TBSP of EVOO and saute a few cups of chopped vegetables. I used onion, peppers, and broccoli. Saute until softened. Add your meat (precooked) and 1/2 cup shredded cheese to your egg mixture and pour over the veggies. I added ham in this one, and I did not add cheese.  Do not stir, and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook at 375 for 12-15 minutes, until the eggs are set. You can slide it onto a cutting board to slice.
I hope you have the best week friends! Be sure to stop back tomorrow for Show & Tell Tuesday. It's our holiday gifting edition....Want, Need, Wear & Read....for guys and gals!
See you soon, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature