Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Hot Chocolate Bar!!

Hi friends!! So in case you are new here, I LOVE Christmas. And I love to entertain during the holidays...it's kind of my thing & would host a party every weekend if I could! #notkidding.
I mean this Gingerbread Party is my favorite thing to do all year!

My second favorite holiday tradition might just be our hot cocoa bar. A few years ago I started setting up a hot cocoa bar and it has become one of my favorite little parts of the holiday season. 
I have shared this year's bar over on Instagram stories and have gotten quite a few questions on it, so I thought I would share some of my tips and ideas for a fun hot cocoa bar. I tried to link what I could. A lot of things I have had forever, so I tried to find similar things.
Here is our bar this year....
and this was last year....
There are a few essentials to the bar...first being the dispenser for the hot chocolate. I have had so many people ask me where to buy mine.
Unfortunately it is so old and I cannot find it anywhere. I have searched and searched so many websites and this is the closest I can find. It's kind of pricey, but  you will have it and use it forever! With a little ribbon it will look so festive and it's great for hot apple cider for your fall parties too.
Enamelware Beverage Dispenser with Stand - Solid White with Grey Rim
Now onto what to put in there... I love this slow cooker hot chocolate recipe from Mix & Match Mama. So easy and oh so good! And if you don't have a dispenser, you can just set up the crockpot at the bar and ladle it into your mugs.

Obviously you need festive mugs. I have snowmen mugs from years ago (PotteryBarn), but Target has some of the cutest mugs this year!
[object Object][object Object]
I love this three tiered stand.It is great for year round parties. I added a cute sign (Hobby Lobby has great ones) and some Christmas-y looking floral picks.
I fill it with mugs, candy canes, straws and cookie straws (those pirouette cookie ones from Pepperidge Farms).
And I have shared my love of  mason jars before, but I will tell you again. For  under $10 you can get 12 of them and they are perfect for entertaining. I fill them with any and everything. Add some fun ribbon and they are a super cute addition to any tablescape.
I have some glass jars that I found at either Homegoods or Joanns. I add some ribbon and fill one with candy canes and the other with mini marshmallows.
For the whipped cream. I just cover it with red paper or fun holiday wrapping paper and add some ribbon. It turns a boring can of whipped cream into something a little cuter.
 
Now you can buy fancy stirrers at the store, but I like to make mine. Take a straw or candy stick and push into a marshmallow. Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermints or sprinkles.

They look pretty and taste yummy!
I love to label everything and found the cutest printables here.
FREE Hot Chocolate Bar Labels to go along with my free "Baby it's Cold Outside" hot chocolate bar printable! MountainModernLife.com
A few other random tips...
If you are setting up your bar near a frame or wall hanging, you can easily cover it with wrapping paper to give it a more festive feel.
I like to add some different heights, so use cake stands or plates on top of glasses to bring different heights to your display.
If you are hosting and adult party...put out some Bailey's or Kahlua...it makes for a fun mix-in to your cocoa.
Caramel Sauce, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips and crushed peppermint are all good things to add to your bar too!
So there you have it... a few of my tips to create a fun holiday tradition. We don't have hot chocolate everyday, but it's fun for parties, when friends come to visit and of course when we watch the Polar Express!
Image result for hot chocolate polar express picture
Have the best day!
See you soon, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve


1 comment on "Hot Chocolate Bar!!"

Custom Post Signature