Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Five Meals for Your Family Table....Week 45

Oh hey Monday!!! Gosh I am not sure about you, but I have felt all out of sorts this last week. I have been feeling scattered between Thanksgiving coming and planning for Christmas.... I have kind of been all over the board! I took last night to regroup, make some lists and I feel much better!
Related image
Now onto something I do have together... a meal plan for the week!
one
We tried these Slow cooker lentil tacos a few weeks ago and they were a hit. I am always on the lookout for healthier crockpot options and this recipe was perfect. The flavors were similar to what you would taste in a traditional beef taco. We layered the lentils into tortillas and topped with our usual taco fixings. You can grab the recipe here.
two
My Mexican Quinqa Bake is a perfect dinner for a cold night. Bonus...you can make it a few days ahead and just warm it up when you need to & it usually makes enough for lunch the next day!
three
 Pork Stirfry with Bok Choy is a hit every time I make it! You can use nearly any veggies you have on hand...... the more the merrier! Saute your protein, add your veggies and put it on top of some brown rice! Make it even easier and have your meat & veggies chopped and ready to go.
For this stirfry I heat up a couple tablespoons of EVOO in my wok over medium- high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the bite size pork, and season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the meat is browned, tossing frequently. Remove the meat to a plate and saute your veggies. I add about 4-5 cups of veggies. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and let the veggies steam for about 5 minutes until just softened.  In this batch, I used broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choy and onions. You can also use cauliflower, snap peas, water chestnuts, spinach, asparagus, carrots.... anything you want to use up! Add your pork back in and I like to keep the sauce clean... a few shakes of liquid aminos and the juice of half an orange.  Plate some brown rice and top it with your stirfry mix!
four
I have shared a few sheet pan suppers before... I love a one pan dinner! This Apple Chicken Sausage with Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli is oh so easy!  I am not sure I can even call it a recipe, because it's pretty simple & flexible. Cut up 3 medium sweet potatoes & 1lb broccoli into bite sized pieces nd lay on a large baking sheet. Toss with a few TBSP of EVOO and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add 1lb of cut apple chicken sausage (I use the Al Fresco brand) and 1/4 of a red onion, diced. Toss everything together and bake at 425 for 20-25 mintues, until the potatoes are tender.
five
Simple Chicken Noodle Soup. You can make this on your prep day and just heat it up when you are going to eat it. Homemade soup is a pretty simple dinner idea and great for busy nights, because you can make it ahead of time and each person can heat up their own portion. Perfect for the nights when everyone is running in a different direction! You can grab the recipe here

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature