Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Show and Tell Tuesday....Serving Others

Hey, hey Tuesday! I am linking up with Andrea over at Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday. Today's topic is Serving Others. This one made me stop and think for a minute, and I read it again...Show & tell us how you serve others...your friends, community, family, etc.
Image result for serving others quote
I have to confess that I was not really sure how or where to start with this post. It really made me thin and for that I was excited to see where it would take me. 
I struggled to view myself as a servant and found myself asking what it really meant to serve others. I found this post that simplified it into Ten ways to serve others. I really liked the simplicity of it. Here are the ten ways they suggested.
1.Help Your Family
2. Volunteer at Church
3. Donate Items to a Homeless Shelter
4. Write Someone and Encouraging Note
5. Deliver a Meal
6. Watch Someone's Kids
7. Help Other People Shine
8.Listen
9. Pay it Forward
10.Anticipate Serving
I really liked going through this list and felt good about some things we do to serve others. It also made me stop to think of what more we could do as a family to serve. Here are a few things we do.
Helping my family. 
This is something I love to do and makes me happy. I love to care for my people...even when somedays it may go unnoticed, serving my family makes me happy.
We try to donate as much as we can to those that need. I think this is a great and fairly simple way to serve. Most communities have shelters housing people in need of items you may no longer use. We have a local women's shelter that is very thankful to receive baby items for moms that are getting back on their feet.
The holiday season will bring a lot of opportunities for giving. Check with your local church or United Way to see if there is a way to give. We work with a local organization each year to help out a family in need.
We go as a family to deliver the gifts and my kids are so excited to help. 
Each year they ask about who we will help this year and enjoy talking about the families we have helped before.
Watch someone's kids. This is one I am thankful for so often! Working full time, there are always issues that come up and have me relying on a neighbor to get my kids off the bus or a friend to get Ella to dance. I am always helping where I can too and so grateful for my friends and neighbors.

 If you have not yet "paid it forward"....you are missing out! The feeling you get after paying for someone's morning coffee is like no other. Such a small gesture...with such a big reward. So hopefully this post will inspire someone to go ahead and pay it forward to someone today!
Have the best Tuesday friends! See you tomorrow for Workin' It Wednesday. There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

P.S. If you missed any posts earlier this year..... here are some of our other Show & Tell posts...
Steal & Splurge
And here is what is coming up later this year....


3 comments on "Show and Tell Tuesday....Serving Others"
  1. So true about paying it forward...it is really the best feeling knowing you have blessed someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday season really does bring so many opportunities! Love that your kids get so excited about serving as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely and nice! I have a motto, one good deed every day. Though I intend to forget it pretty often, your post reminded that back to me.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature