Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Our Thankful Tree

Hello November!!! I hope you guys all had a fun Halloween! My crew had fun despite the cold, wet and just plain awful weather!! And when I say awful....it was snowing!!!
I'll share some of our Halloween fun here tomorrow. If you missed yesterday's post, I shared some of our Halloween costumes over the past few years.
Now moving right along to Thanksgiving! I cannot believe it will be here in just a few weeks. One of our favorite Thanksgiving traditions is our Thankful tree.
A few years ago a good friend told me about a thankful tree she does with her kids. It's really a cute idea. We have a tree silhouette hanging in the kitchen and each night at dinner we add a leaf to it. We each write something we are thankful for and put it on the tree. Its fun to look back and see what we have written.

The fist week you will find some pretty traditional things, but as we get closer to Thanksgiving everyone gets a little more creative and unique with their thinking.
It doesn't have to be a tree....you can just write it down a piece of paper or make a paper table runner and add something each day. The point is that in the craziness of everyday life, it's nice to stop and appreciate the things we have. 
As our Thankful tree fill up, I love all the school projects that come home. The stuff the kids write about being thankful for just makes me smile. 

I hope you can all take a minute to appreciate what you have this month.....a little gratitude can go a long way!
Have a great Wednesday! See you tomorrow...there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature