Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites....Feeling Festive Edition

Well I titled this post Feeling Festive Edition....because I am pretty much in full blown holiday mode. Making gift lists, buying wrapping paper, planning Christmas cards, listening to holiday music.... I am loving this season so far.
So as I link up with some of my favorite blogging friends, AndreaNarci, and Erika for Friday Favorites...you will probably be feeling festive too after you read it!


one
Last weekend the kids and I helped out at the annual fundraiser for my sister's dance company. It was a fun night with some of my favorite people.
 We were in charge of selling tickets for the auction baskets and they loved every minute of it!
See in the pic above they wrote "Get you tickets here" and then below that wrote that they also accept credit cards.
I mean how could you not buy tickets from these two??
And Emma of course had the best time showing off her niece and nephew. She was even happy to show me off too!
My favorite!
two
Did you see Ella's shirt in those pics? She bought it last week at Target with some of her birthday gift cards and was so proud to wear it. She got it in navy, but it comes in a cute magenta color too. I could not find the exact one online, but this one is similar.
She also bought this adorable mini backpack. I guess mini backpacks are a pretty cool thing to have as a 5th grader. A good gift idea!
And while we are shopping at Target, I saw this sweatshirt last week. I think it is just perfect for this time of year. Cute and cozy!
three
Now I like to try and work in some vegetarian dishes once a week. You can't go wrong eating more veggies and if you are on a grocery budget, cutting meat out for a few meals can help stretch your budget. I came across this recipe for slow cooker lentil tacos and we gave them a try this week. Everyone loved them and it made a lot!
Inline image
They reminded me of a bean burrito. We just layered the lentils on the tortillas and topped with our usual taco toppings. Healthier slow cooker dinner for the win!
four 
My posts this week were filled with holiday spirit! And so was I.....since I have started listening to Christmas music!
Tuesday I shared some ideas on serving others this holiday season.  A good read with some simple ideas on how to serve everyday.
Image result for serving others quote
Then on Wednesday it was all about planning for the holidays. Things to do now, to make the next few weeks a little less hectic. Did someone say holidays???


And yesterday was a fun post with some gift ideas for the hostess.
 Frosted Cranberry 3-Wick Candle - Bath And Body Works
five
WINTER STREET
The Elin Hilderbrand Winter series. I have wanted to start this for a while now and just got the first book. From book reviews I have read, it is a series and you should read them in this order...Winter Street, Winter Stroll, Winter Storm, and Winter Solstice).  As if I wasn't already feeling festive enough, this book about Christmas in Nantucket should seal the deal!

Looking forward to dinner with friends tonight and then not much on our weekend agenda! I am thinking some shopping for holiday outfits may be our only to do.
Have a great weekend friends. See you on Monday....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature