Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow, and I am not sure about you...but I have food on the brain! I have been thinking about desserts and thought I would share my pumpkin cupcake recipe with you. It was a favorite at our bakery this time of year and would be perfect to mix in with your pies next week!

Ingredients
2 2/3 cup cake flour
2 /12 TSP baking powder
1 TSP cinnamon
1/2 TSP nutmeg
1/2 TSP baking soda
2/3 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk (you can use almond milk if that's what you have on hand)
1 1/2 cups of pure pumpkin

Sift the first 5 ingredients together and set aside.
Blend the butter in a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the brown sugar, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl often.
Add eggs, one at a time, again scraping well after each addition.
Add the milk on low speed and mix until blended.
Add the pumpkin and blend.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
Scoop into your lined cupcake pans (I use an ice cream scoop)
Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, rotating halfway through.

For the frosting
2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temp)
16oz of cream cheese (room temp)
2 TSP of good vanilla
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Whip the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy (5-7 minutes)
Add the vanilla and blend.
Add the sugar one cup at a time and mix on low combine.
Now here's my secret.... everyone always asked me how my frosting was so fluffy. Well to quote Michael Jackson...."Just Beat It". Seriously....after you have added in the sugar and blended, whip it on high for a few minutes. And if you think it looks good, whip it for 30 more seconds and you will have light and fluffy frosting!
I crumble an extra cupcake and sprinkle for the topping.
A perfect little treat after your big turkey dinner!
 Enjoy!
xoxo
Genevieve


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature