Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Show & Tell Tuesday...Christmas Decor Edition

This post is one of my most favorites of the year!!!!  I am sharing a peek inside our home....all decked out for Christmas. Better yet, I am linking up with Andrea over at  Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday and cannot wait to get a peek inside some other homes too! 
Are you like that too? I love to get decor ideas!
Grab some coffee, get cozy and come on in.....

In case you are new here, I love Christmas and I really love to decorate for Christmas. 
I have approximately 432 bins of Christmas stuff in my basement. Ok, maybe not that much, but I have a lot and yet when I see stuff in the stores, I just want to buy more.
And then I look at all those totes and I do my best to refrain. 
So here we go... a little tour, room by room. 
I love our foyer and I love that you can see the garland and lights from outside our house.
Our family room.....
Although I would love to have multiple trees all over the house, we just have one in our family room. And it is not filled with perfectly matched ornaments or some color theme. My kiddos do most of the decorating and it is filled with ornaments we have collected over the years.
Every year we give the kids a new ornament....something that is special to them or to celebrate something they did that year.
So our tree tells the story of our life.....
and I love to cozy up and look at it.
Our mantle and stockings. I usually change this up every year. I use similar decorations but mix up how I display them.
This was last year....
A few other details from our family room. We have a big basket filled with some favorite Christmas books.
And I love a good red throw blanket and some holiday toss pillows!
I love this view from upstairs....
This table is on a wall facing the family room and I mix this one up each year too.
Little tip... ornaments make the prettiest fillers. You can grab cheap ones at the dollar store and add them to vases for a festive look.
I add a few Christmas touches to the bathroom too.
Our kitchen table is all decked out when our elf rolls into town.
But then is pretty simple with some red & plaid.
My favorite part of the kitchen is our  hot cocoa bar. I shared lots of details on how to make your own bar. You can check out that post  here.
Right now our dining room is pretty much in chaos mode as we prepare for our  annual Gingerbread  Party on Sunday. But hopefully it will look like this soon....
Then after the party is done, we will clean up all the sprinkles and set out our holiday dishes!
 
I am happy to report that my Ella is full of Christmas spirit and decorating!!  I mean,last year she used a gift card to buy holiday throw pillows for her room! #agirlaftermyownheart
I got this white tree super cheap at the end of season last year. She was so excited to put it up this year. I just love it!!
Don't you just love twinkle lights....I am a strong supporter of year round twinkle lights!
Have the best Tuesday friends & if you have been too busy shopping to think about dinner, you can check out our meal plan for the week.
There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
P.S. If you missed any posts earlier this year..... here are some of our other Show & Tell posts...
Want, Need, Wear, Read
Steal & Splurge
And here is what is coming up later this year....



3 comments on "Show & Tell Tuesday...Christmas Decor Edition"
  1. Your home looks beautiful! Love the meaning behind your tree and its ornaments. Jaclyn www.coffeepancakesanddreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely home, I love all the little festive touches throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything, your home is gorgeous!! I had to laugh because we have the same couches and throw!!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature