Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday....January Edition

Woohoo!!! We are almost done with January! I don't know about you, but January is just cold, dark and feels like an extra long month! I am ready to flip my calendar to February on Friday! But before we say goodbye to the month, I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday......January Edition. 

 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....



What we're eating this week......
I made these yummy Asian Chicken Bowls for lunch last weekend. They come together pretty quick and would be great on a busy weeknight.

And last night we made this Beef Tortellini from Mix & Match Mama. It was the perfect meal on a cold, snowy night!
Quick Weeknight Beefy Tortellini Supper

What I'm reminiscing about.......
All the holiday things!!! Is it me or does it seem like Christmas was 6 months ago??? Maybe it's just me missing all the twinkle lights😉

What I'm loving.....
We have had a low key January and I am loving the low key weekends. Taking full advantage of lazy weekends and long Monopoly games!

What we've been up to......
I guess not too much! Lots of basketball for Luke!
And playing in the snow!

What I'm dreading....
Nothing! Life is good😊

What I'm working on......
I started a new job the week before Christmas and am working on getting back into a good routine. I LOVE my new job, but there has been a lot for me to learn! I have put in some pretty long days & weekends so that I can get up to speed. Now that I am more comfortable in my role, I am working on getting back into my home routine of meal prepping, blogging... things I love to do and help make the days go smoother!

What I'm excited about......
We have a fun warm weather trip next month!! I am ready for some sunshine and to take the kids on a fun adventure too!

What I'm watching/reading.....
I shared my Favorite Books of 2018. A fun list with my ten favorite books of the year! I am currently working my way through this one....
Becoming
Paul and I just started watching The Crown on Netflix. It's really quite fascinating!


What I'm listening to......
My crew practicing their violins😉
They both play and I love when they practice together!

What I'm wearing......
I shared some of my favorite Amazon finds and you need to check out that post. So many cute things, under $20! Including this camo sweatshirt that I have been living in! It's so cute and cozy and under $20!!! You need this sweatshirt!
Other than that, I have not been worried about wearing anything too cute... it's been so cold and snowy I just bundle up to stay warm!

What I'm doing this weekend......
Basketball and Superbowl!!

What I'm looking forward to next month.....
Vacation!!!!

What else is new.....
This girl got her braces on!!! And gosh she looks so old!

Bonus Question...Favorite Family Valentine Tradition
Our favorite tradition is probably packing for vacation! Ha! We always go on vacation around that time, so we are usually packing or on our way! But I do love to make a fun dinner with lots of sweet treats for my crew.

And here are a few of my favorite things to do!

Valentine's Fun

Thanks for stopping by to check out What's Up! Have the best day friends!!
See you soon....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "What's Up Wednesday....January Edition"
  1. Ok, I'm SO stealing your Valentine's tradition of packing for a vacation next year ;) Where are you off to this year!? The perfect time to take a trip somewhere WARM! Have the best week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Vacation and somewhere warm-- you just can not beat that!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature