Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday March 2024


 Hi friends! It's the last Wednesday of the month and I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for a little What's Up Wednesday. I fun post sharing a little food, a little what we're wearing, a little what we're doing, a little what we're watching and a little bit of everything all in one post!





What We're Eating This Week

Well last week I shared the recipe for a new fish dish I created. Paul had a dish he loved in Florid and threw down the challenge to me to recreate it. I must say my rendition was pretty darn good! You can grab the recipe here


This week I shared this beef & noodle recipe. 


And coming soon to the blog is this recipe for Greek Chicken Bowls. Although I struggle to call it a recipe, it's just a bunch of things thrown in a bowl! But I'll share how we build these bowls soon. 



What I'm Reminiscing About

A few weeks ago was my solo trip to Disney. And as much as I love travel with my family, a little solo travel is oh so fun once in a while. I shared all the fun details here




What I'm Loving

I feel like we are getting a hint of better weather. Whether it’s a beautiful sunrise or some sunshine during the day or just the longer daylight, I can feel the end of Winter and I sure love that feeling! 





Although never mind that we got like 6” of snow last week! It’s the sun that helps my mood. There is a house in our town that has a chalkboard, and they are forever writing funny sayings on it. This one made me laugh last week as we got some fresh snow on the first day of Spring! 




What We've Been Up To

Our house kind of went through it this Winter. We lost some roof shingles and had a water issue in the basement. So a new roof is on the way and we were busy clearing space in the basement for the work to begin this week. #adultingatitsfinest

Please admire my new pipes with me....LOL!




We also got to watch Luke play in a volleyball tournament this weekend. Always fun to watch my #3 play!




We also celebrated World Down Syndrome Day last week. You can read all about my rockstar of a sister here



What I'm Dreading

Next month I have to start a fairly aggressive therapy on my face. After spending too much of my teen years and my twenties worshipping the sun, I am paying for it now. While I have been much more diligent with my suncare in my 30's and 40's, unfortunately I still have some skin damage that needs to be addressed. So please have this be your sign to wear your sunscreen & make that appointment with a dermatologist. 



What I'm Excited About

We are officially launching our college tour season with Ella. So while yes I am excited, it's also a little "how the heck are we here already?" feeling. 


We are also heading back to one of our favorite cities, a place we used to call home.... Philadelphia. We love heading back to eat some of our favorite foods and watch our favorite team play basketball!




What I'm Watching/Reading

I was sick all last week. Like maybe the most sick I have been in my life..... but with all my downtime I took some time to watch the Eras Tour. I mean, regardless of your thoughts on Taylor, she really is quite a talent and truly has capitalized on the empire she has built. I found it fascinating. 



What I'm Listening To

While I am also watching it, I am listening to March Madness discussions from my boys. My Dad, my husband and my son. And I love it!




What I'm Wearing


I just can't get enough of these bracelets. I think I wear a set nearly every day. This my new favorite stack for Spring /Summer. 



What I'm Doing this Weekend

We have a pretty exciting weekend ahead. Friday I am part of a really fun grand opening celebration for the company I work for. My team has been working so hard these last 2 weeks and I can't wait to celebrate with them!! 

 Then I am hosting Easter at our house and celebrating Luke's 15th birthday. Like 15??? How? We have some fun surprises in store for him!



What I'm Looking forward to Next Month

All the Spring Sports will be in full swing. We will celebrate my parents' birthdays. Paul and I are going to see Luke Combs in concert. And Paul's parents are coming up from Florida. It's going to be a fun and full month! And hopefully a little bit warmer.


Have a great Wednesday! See you back here on Friday for Friday Favorites. 

There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo

Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature