Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites March 8th

  Happy Friday friends! As usual, I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 




one
 Y’all last week I shared those simple little bracelets from Amazon, and so many of you purchased them! I think I had some kind of FOMO, because I bought three more colors this week. 

I got the pink, the green, which I think is perfect for Spring, and a neutral stack. I just love them.

two

Something about this time of year makes me crave banana bread. I made it last weekend, and I wish I could share the smell of the house with you here. 


This is a pretty simple recipe, and I love that it doesn’t call for buttermilk. Buttermilk is not some thing I always have on hand, and this one is just as delicious without it. You can grab the recipe here. 


three

Now this may be one of the most random favorites I might ever share. We had an electric knife that was Paul’s grandmothers. You can see in the picture here that it was from Sears.... like a Sears brand electric knife. And we’ve had it forever.



When we were using it at Thanksgiving, it had a very bad burning smell, and we knew it was time to say goodbye to the knife. So I bought a new Cuisinart one, and we used it for the first time this week and it is amazing. Maybe because the blades are actually sharp- but we grilled some pork tenderloin and Paul was so excited to use this new knife. I also loved that Luke wanted to check it out as well. Nothing beats my two guys in the kitchen!

And dinner was delicious too!



four

We took an amazing family trip last year to the Bahamas. I wasn’t blogging at the time, so I never really shared our experience. Seeing people head out Spring Break trips, made me want to reminisce about that trip. 

So I shared all about our experience at Baha Mar. It was amazing and if you are ever thinking about going to the Bahamas, you can see all the details here


five

Last weekend I went to a fundraiser with my girlfriends. There were some opportunities to take a chance on some pretty fancy handbags. Unfortunately, I didn’t come home with a handbag, but it was a fun night out and was able to support an amazing organization. 


They had the cutest little flower stand where you could build your own bouquet, and the fanciest and most delicious mashed potatoes!


 I mean, can you really go wrong with potatoes in a martini glass?



I am off to wrap up my work week, and then get to packing. I am heading to Florida tomorrow for a little fun at Disney before my work meetings start there on Monday. Looking forward to a mix of fun and new trainings over the next few days. 

Have a great weekend friends!

 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.

xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites March 8th"
  1. Those bracelets are so cute and I haven't had banana bread in so long, I need to make some. Your trip to the Bahamas sounds amazing. Have a fab time at Disney.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature