Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites March 15th

 Happy Friday friends! I am so excited to be here today and linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites.  I had a super fun and super full week, so just one big favorite to share today.

 


one

So for the better part of this last week, I had the opportunity to be in Orlando for some work meetings. I’m really fortunate to work for a company that brings us there to do some great training, and also have some fun along the way. I met up with one of my peers who live in the Boston market, and we spent a little time at Disney before our meetings began.

I did not have the easiest time getting down there. There was bad weather in the Southeast and my flight was delayed several hours, then mechanical issues, a gate issue and a long wait for luggage. But I was happy to get to my destination with my luggage. There were so many families and sports teams on Spring Break that were all exhausted... lying on the floor of the airport at 2am waiting for bags. 

I did finish my book on the plane and it was a good one!

We stayed at the Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is one of my most favorite Disney resorts. I just love the look and feel of the resort, and the safari views are unmatched. I as elated to walk through this lobby.... even at 3am!

We were up early to get our Lightening Lane and do Animal Kingdom on Sunday. With the time change, I was extra thankful for coffee as we headed in. 

We did a few rides and I ate my way through a few Disney favorites.  I purchased a two pack of ears for us before our trip on Amazon. I have a couple of ears that I have purchased at Disney, but they are fairly expensive.  I think the ones on Amazon are fun to change it up especially if you want to coordinate with your outfits. The animal print two pack for $12 was perfect for our day!




I have been to AK several times and had not done the Safari Ride in a while. Gosh it was so good! You really get up close with so many beautiful animals.



Sunday night we ended up at Disney Springs, where we had reservations at The Boathouse, which is my favorite restaurant on Disney property. 


Before dinner we stopped by Gideons Bakehouse. I’ve tried to go there a couple of times and I’ve been unsuccessful getting into the line. But on this night they told us it was a three hour wait and we could join the virtual queue and they would text us when we are ready. 


So we headed to dinner, did some shopping and then were able to get back in line. After a long travel day on Saturday and just a bunch of snacks at Animal Kingdom,  I was famished. We ordered all the food....a wedge salad, roasted asparagus, truffle fries, and a filet.


 All delicious.

We finally made our way to Gideons, made our selections while in line and got inside. These cookies were so heavy, a half pound each. We each got two cookies and a slice of cake. They did not disappoint!





After  lots and lots of steps we got back to our hotel to enjoy! While I love traveling with my family, being in my own bed, in my own hotel room eating cake at 10 PM by myself, was a little bit of a luxury.



Monday we transferred to a different hotel for our meetings. We had some great meetings during the day and then had the opportunity to take our teams to celebrate at Magic Kingdom. I didn’t want to be too over-the-top, Disney, but I do love a good theme. So I did some red leggings with a black tee and some traditional red, white and black ears.



I found the cutest mouse ears at Animal Kingdom that I could not resist! They were perfect with my red and black theme.



I did a lot more eating, cheeseburger  spring rolls, a Mickey brownie sundae, and of course more churros! 




Another day with a lot of steps. And that was after sitting for a few hours of training!


The next couple of days were meetings and trainings and I definitely had a black and pink moment. I did two different looks of black and pink and I loved both. One day I did some  leopard shoes and then the other day did fun hot pink shoes. 



I have found that a statement shoe can just totally change an outfit. I’ve had these leopard shoes forever, but I linked ones here that are similar. You can do them with a black pant or a colored pant and it just really elevates the outfit. Same for the pop of color. You can do a black dress or black pants or jeans and just add a fun colored heel.   I had so many people compliment my shoes!



And that was my favorite from the week. A great week of training with my team and a little fun sprinkled in!
 Have a great weekend friends!  I'll be watching lots of basketball and cooking up some corned beef & cabbage to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "Friday Favorites March 15th"
  1. Oh wow! What a great work trip, well apart from the getting there. It sounds like you had a fantastic time at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best work trip ever! I love your red and black outfit with the mouse ears... I'm going to have to remember to come up with something like that for our next trip to WDW.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature