Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Chicken Enchiladas

Hello Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was a great mix of some fun stuff, some house stuff and some relaxing. 

I made one of my favorite meals this weekend. I found this recipe on A Healthy Slice of Life's blog and have made it several times. I like to make this meal on a weekend and then have it in the fridge to easily pop in the oven on a busy weekend. The bonus is this recipe makes 2 pans, so if you are like us with busy Spring sports nights it's perfect to have a bonus dinner in the freezer.

I follow the recipe pretty closely, but do make a few tweaks.  You can grab the full recipe here. 

The recipe calls for cooking the chicken in the pan, and then shredding. When I know I am going to make this, I just throw the chicken in the crockpot with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little chicken broth. High for 3-4 hours and it's ready to shred. I just prefer to make shredded chicken this way. 



From there I follow the recipe, cooking the onion and garlic with some taco seasoning. Then adding the corn, green chiles and chicken. 



This is where I made another small change. When I added the chicken, I also added a can of black beasn (rinsed) for a little more substance and protein. 


Rolling out 16 enchiladas.......


I do love a cook once and eat twice recipe. These will be great in a few weeks when I need a dinner option! They would also be great to take to someone that needs a meal. maybe after a hospital stay or having a baby. You can just pop them right in the oven. 



I make the second bath in a disposable pan, just to make life easier. I wrap with plastic wrap first, then foil. I like to put what it is, the date and cooking instructions. 



Nice and golden right out of the oven!




We like to top with sour cream, green onions and guacamole. Luke also adds some salsa and queso. Cut up bell peppers work perfect on the side too or as a guac dipper!




Enchiladas were the perfect meal to watch the end of The Masters last night. 




Wishing you the best week! I will see you back here on Wednesday. 

There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature