Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Spring Denim- 7 New Styles to Try

Hello Thursday! I had solid intentions to share this post yesterday, but between work and kids' sports it just didn't happen!

Confession... I have worn skinny jeans exclusively for quite a few years. I was comfortable in them. I liked how they looked. I was happy. I also like to keep up with fashion trends and have been seeing wider leg styles, mom jeans and dad jeans making their way into the denim world over the last couple years. 

So I ventured out to get some new styles. With the help of some amazing girls at Research & Design, a great local shop, along with some online shopping, I have balanced out my denim style collection!

I have officially branched out of skinny denim and dare I say am loving it?

I will say you have to try them all on. All of them. As we know, sizing can run different so try them on. I was just talking to a friend about how I can literally have 4 different denim sizes and Paul can walk in anywhere and get a 34 waist and be good. Why!!!  

I tried lots on and from there I narrowed down some general styles I liked. I wasn't a fan of the full wide leg on my body type, I preferred a little more fitted in the thigh. And I really liked a bit of a crop. I think the crop is a great look for Spring/Summer and will hopefully transition into a boot for Fall. 

I shared them all in a reel on Instagram, with the help of my daughter. My photos and styling a work in progress, but here are my winning denim styles. I will do my best to link those that I can, along with some shoe details. I had a few questions about my shoes over on Instagram.


First up is the Vintage Cropped Flare from Just Black Denim.  This is a great casual style with some distressing at the hem. This style was more fitted through the hip/thigh and got wider from the kneed down.  I love the look of a raffia mule with some denim. A great Spring transition shoe



This style is the Bridget Boot Crop by DL 1961. This one is similar to the first pair, with a little less distressing. I can pair this with a heel and wear to work or with sandals for a casual Summer look.




These I love because they can be dressed up or down. This style is Hustler Ankle Fray by Mother Jeans. This is my second pair of Mother Jeans. They are definitely a splurge but I think well worth it.  No real distressing and super comfortable. This bomber jacket is adorable. I got it in blush pink and cream, but it comes in several colors.  These jeans are easily dressed up with a pointed toe kitten heel.




This pair of Mother Jeans I have had for a little while. This style is The Weekender Fray.
I have worn these casually and with a blazer for work and they look great either way. These loafers have been a favorite since I got them.  A perfect light neutral shade. 



Same jeans with a blazer. 


These jeans were way out of my comfort zone, but are really flattering. This is the We the Free Jayde by Free People. The length is really long, so you need a good heel, but the length and ultra high waist makes my legs look a mile long!  They are just a fun style to wear out. I am planning to wear them to the Luke Combs concert this weekend. 


And finally my old standbys..... the skinny jean. I still love how these look with certain outfits, so i will continue to wear them because I feel good in them. I found Wit & Wisdom jeans a couple years ago and they are forever my favorite from a comfort standpoint. They have a thick, built in elastic waistband that makes the waist really comfortable. I often travel for work, so i can be sitting for long periods and there is nothing worse than the waist band of my jeans digging in. I do recommend ordering at least one size down. They do have a bit of stretch. I am not kidding when I say I love them. I think I have bought the black pair 4 times! They are that good!

This kimono is actually a swim coverup, but I made it work with an all black work outfit!



Hope this gave you some ideas if you are looking to change up your denim game. I will say that the most perfect pair of denim that you can wear is one that makes you feel good. No matter the trend or the style, if you feel great in it , then you rock that style! Confidence is a trend that never goes out of style. 

Have a great Thursday! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites.

 There is always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature