Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Let's Look At Our Summer Closet Staples

 Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for this month's edition of Let's Look. A fun monthly post where we take a peek at some random little things in our lives. Today's topic, Our Summer Closet Staples.



Summer is hands down my favorite time of year. My goal is to live somewhere with Summer-like weather year round. So I am excited to share some of my Summer favorites with you!  I will say we spend a lot of our Summer pretty lowkey and usually on a boat somewhere. These things I am sharing are more just Summer staples, things I cannot live without in the Summer!

Ok first up is sunscreen. I hate to admit this, but I was not loyal about this in my teens and twenties. But now sunscreen, hats and sunglasses are essential, along with a great self tanner to get that Summer glow. 

My favorite all over sunscreen is this one. We have both the lotion and spray and have several bottles on the boat, in our beach bag, in the car and at home all the time. 


I love the smell, it's not sticky and gives good sun protection. 

Super Goop is hands down my favorite for the face. They have both a tinted and sheer version and I prefer the tinted. It gives a nice glow while keeping the skin protected. 



While keeping my skin protected from the sun is really important, I do like to have that Summer glow. This self tanner has been my go to for years. 



The I have tried a lot of them, but this one from St Tropez is my favorite. It gives such a great color.
 I apply it with this mitt at night and wash off the next morning. See how bronzed I look? It really is the best one out there!



And my last key sun protection Summer must have is a good hat. I love a straw hat or a baseball cap. I have had this one for years. Vineyard Vines always has great prints in their baseball caps!





I love a good statement earring in the Summer!  This pack is so fun and super lightweight. 



I am wearing the yellow ones in this pic. 


And if I am not wearing a statement earring, I am wearing hoops. This pack I have ordered several times. I may or may not keep a spare pair of hoops in my car, just in case! LOL


Keeping with the accessory family, I don't know if you can ever have too many sunglasses. I love wearing different styles pending on my mood or outfit. 

These are my favorite aviator style. They come in several two pack color options.



This pair is fairly new to me. They came in a two pack with one black pair and one brown. I was worried they were a bit too big, but I love them!


And these were one of my favorite styles last year. I ended up getting the blue pair and the black pair. 




A good Summer straw clutch is a great staple. You can wear it with so many things. This one is old, but I am linking a similar one here



You already know the love I have for these bracelet stacks. This is my newest combo and just screams Summer. I wear them in the lake and in the sun and they hold up pretty well. 



And I think this stack is a must for Memorial Day & 4th of July. 


I started wearing satin pjs about 2 years ago and I won't go back to anything else. I was a really low key sleepwear gal, like an old tank with paint on it and oversized pj pants. Then one day I grabbed a pair of satin pjs on a whim and I was hooked. They are so comfy, keep me cool at night in the Summer and I look so darn put together without even trying. 
I highly recommend upping your PJ game if you haven't yet. This pair comes in like 20 colors. I always find myself going up one size, because I don't want anything feeling tight when I'm trying to be comfy and sleep!



This Summer bag is the best!!! If you are travelling to a beach location you need to take it! It folds up so small so you can throw it in your suitcase and easily have a beach bag. I took this one to the Bahamas and it was great. There's a pocket to hold essential things and the rest is mesh, so the sand can fall out! It comes in over 10 colors and is less than 15 bucks- I am telling you that you need this bag!



I have had this cover up for a long time, as you can see how old this picture is!!! It has been one of the best purchases. It looks cute and has enough coverage that it is perfect to wear to a beachside restaurant. I have washed and worn it so many times. 


As I was getting the link to share, I saw this great orange color and ordered it. It comes in so many color options!



This is one of my favorite nail colors for Spring and Summer. It goes with so many things that it feels like it's a neutral color. I love it on my fingers and toes. 


Love a good kimono in the Summer. Love it even more when it has a dual use! I wore this one for work last week with a black tank & jeans. It also is perfect as intended with a black swimsuit. Want to dress up a pair of white shorts? Add a kimono. This black and white one is really versatile, but it comes in several other color options. 


A white blazer is another Summer staple for me. You can wear it casual with jeans, dress it up for work, or wear with a dress to step up your look. I have paired mine with black leather shorts for a fun night out look.


A denim jacket really goes without saying right?  I have a light wash, dark wash, black and white. Bonus- if you have a teenage daughter, she will be happy to borrow yours :)
This one is really old, but linking a similar one here.


This dress was a fun find. It is super comfortable, one shoulder and comes in a bunch of prints. I really love this pink and blue combo.

Ok, now I am ready for Summer!!! It's coming soon.... the boat came out of storage at the barn and the Marina opens today!  



Have a great Wednesday friends. See you back here for Friday Favorites. 

There is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve













Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature