Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New For Your Family Table Primavera Risotto

 Happy Monday, friends! We are coming off an action packed weekend. I love the first weekend of May. We celebrate Paul’s birthday, the Kentucky Derby, and Cinco de Mayo! It feels like the start of warm weather and fun, and I am here for it!


Sharing a recipe this morning that I found from SkinnyTaste.  It is a Risotto Primavera, which I added shrimp to for some protein. You could also add grilled chicken or scallops, both would be great with this as well. 



This was loaded with Spring flavors, with zucchini, asparagus, and peas. It was so fresh and delicious.


I would also add, that risotto is a bit of a labor of love. While it’s not complicated, it’s definitely hands-on for an extended period of time. This is not an on the table in 20 minutes dinner, but takes a little time and my mind is well worth it. 


I followed the recipe as is, but added the zest and juice of half a lemon at the end. The citrus just brightens the dish! You can grab the recipe here.


Wishing you the best week. See you back here on Wednesday. 

There is always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo

Genevieve


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature