Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites May 24th

  Happy Friday friends! Yay for heading into a 3 day weekend!  I see so many people sharing last day of school pics and we have almost a month to go until the last of the kids' exams. Ugh. I am so ready for a little more relaxed schedule that comes with Summer. 

But we will power through! Today I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. 



one
Last weekend we went to my brother's to celebrate my nephew's 19th birthday. I guess I really didn't do too well at taking pictures. But we did have a beautiful day and the crew enjoyed some yard games!

I did snap this pic of my two favorite girls enjoying the sunshine. 

two
The weather has been beautiful this week. I have been loving the weather and easy Summer dresses for work. This striped one is so cute and comfortable. It's great alone or you can pair it with a denim jacket. I have the khaki and white stripe, but it comes in like 8 colors!


This dress is old, but the belt is a favorite. This 4 packs of belts is perfect for Summer. You can pair them with so many things. I love adding them to a dress to easily elevate the look. 



three
We are busy wrapping up end of year school and sports stuff with the kids. Ella had a track meet and it was raining yet again. It has been such a rainy Spring track season, we sure have gotten use out of this golf umbrella! LOL

On Wednesday we had the school academic awards ceremony and both kids received some awards. So proud of them in and out of the classroom. Ella & Paul couldn't go, as she had another track meet. It was just Luke and I, and I was lucky enough to get a picture with him. This is a rare thing with my 15 year old boy.  


four
Sharing some of my favorite eats from the week. These Teriyaki Shrimp Bowls Teriyaki Shrimp Bowls were so good! Mango and cumber gave such fresh flavors for a great Summer meal. I shared the details and recipe here


Made our first of many pasta salads this week as the weather felt like Summer. 


 I make it with this pasta to add a little more protein and this dressing which doesn't have any funky ingredients. 


I have been prioritizing protein at every meal and this is one of my favorites for breakfast and lunch. I take a cup of plain greek yogurt and mix with vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, powdered peanut butter and top with some berries and granola. So good and over 40 grams of protein!



five
Ella is learning to drive and Paul took her out in the fun car! He tried to teach me to drive stick shift many years ago and I think I may have walked home. Luckily their lesson went smoother. 


We are looking forward to some more great weather this weekend, some time on the boat and sending Ella off to prom!

Wishing you all a great weekend friends!
 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites May 24th"
  1. We have a 3 day weekend over here in England too! Hooray!
    Happy birthday to your nephew! What a great way to celebrate.
    Well done to the kids with their awards from school.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature