Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites Friday May 17th

 Happy Friday friends! The start of May has been a bit wild, so I missed Friday favs last week but I'm happy to be back and linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from this week and last as we catch up a bit. 



one
We celebrate Paul's birthday with a simple dinner out to Paul's favorite burger spot. His birthday falls on May 4th, so between "May the 4th be with you" and the Kentucky Derby falling on the same day we had a fun weekend of celebrating. 
 

We joined some friends to celebrate the Derby in town. So fun wearing hats, fascinators and Derby attire. 




And we wrapped up the weekend with chocolate cake and Paul's favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with the parents. Paul's parents moved up from Florida the week prior and his mom was so excited to celebrate his birthday with him. It was the first time she was with him for his birthday in 12 years!




two
Last Friday, Ella was inducted into the National Honor Society at school. I could not be more proud of her. She is busy on a varsity sport all three seasons and has maintained fantastic grades and finds time to volunteer. This girl is going to do big things!


One proud Granny!!


The fam!! Ella's satin skirt looked so cute! I also got her one in cream, she was between the two colors. I got myself one too- it looks so cute with a simple tee and denim jacket.
And my white blazer is a Spring and Summer staple!




three
Ok, so not sure if this should be a favorite, but here we go. My dinner Monday night looked like this......

Yep, you guessed it. Colonoscopy time. I know so many people put this off, but gosh it's so important to get these preventative screenings in. It really is not as bad as you may think it is! Paul had an awful health scare last year, so I have been working harder than ever to make sure I am living my healthiest life. From the food I eat, to my workouts, sleep and stress management, it all plays a part. I was so excited when my dr told me how good everything looked and he was so happy to see that I eat so many seeds...lol!  It might sound crazy, but to have the dr validate the work I am doing to stay healthy felt really good. 

After not eating for 24 hours, I ate the most amazing breakfast sandwich from a little spot in town. I was dreaming about this on Monday and it did not disppoint!


This was a few hours after my procedure. Got out for a 4 mile walk with my girlfriend. I am telling you my friends it is not that bad! And I actually got a message from a friend that said she heard my talking about my appointment and it inspired her to make her appointment!! So if you are putting off an appointment or some health screening, this is your sign to do it!



four
We had big plans for a beautiful Mother's Day celebration. Paul was so excited to have his Mom with him and he made reservations weeks ago for brunch. And he ordered gorgeous flowers for me, my Mom and his Mom. 

Well you know that saying about best laid plans... My Dad and sister were under the weather so they and my Mom were not able to make brunch. So we did the next best thing. The kids and I picked up my Mom's favorite treat.... a cinnamon roll and delievered it and her flowers that morning. 


After a visit with my Mom, the kids and I met Paul and his parents for brunch. We had a delicious brunch and stopped in the lobby to take a few pictures. 



And then the unthinkable happened. Paul's Mom collapsed in the elevator as we were on our way to the parking garage. I immediately hit the button back to the lobby to get help as I called 911. Paul was on the ground with his Mom, as she was in and out of consciousness. The paramedics quickly arrived and Paul rode with his Mom in the ambulance. We spent the rest of the day at the hospital. 
Thankfully she is ok today and we are seeing a cardiologist next week to help get some answers. But gosh that was one of the most traumatic events I have experienced. So grateful for the team of first responders that got there so quickly. 
Here they are in the hospital... Bud is 89 and Syl is 82... aren't they cute?



five
Ok, let's end on a much lighter note! Friends, Summer is coming! Our boat is out of storage and heading into the water this weekend. YAY!

So in honor of Summer, I shared some of my Summer must haves on Wednesday. You can see the full list here. 

You know my love for fun bracelets. This stack is so cute for Memorial Day & 4th of July!

And this sunglass set has been my new favorite! I love the size and each color gives a different look! Bonus - under $15 for both pair!
Championship season for track and field starts this weekend, so we are off to watch Ella in a big race tonight! Luke has some golf lined up for the weekend and we will wrap up on Sunday at my brother's to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday!

Wishing you the best weekend friends!

 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites Friday May 17th"
  1. It does sound like a great weekend celebrating Paul's birthday. How lovely to have his parents so close.
    Well done to Ella, she sounds like an amazing young woman.
    I am glad all went well with the Colonoscopy.
    Oh no! That's a shame your dad and sister were unwell for Mother's Day. Oh gosh! What a scare with Paul's Mom. I hope all goes well with the cardiologist.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature