Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites... Easter Weekend!

Happy Friday friends!! My crew starts their Spring Break today and we are ready to do all the Easter things!! But first I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few of my favorites from this week.
one
Last weekend we did some of our favorite Easter things with  our annual trip to the Broadway market.
 We had the best time and I shared some of what we did here

two
A favorite this week for sure were these vegetarian meatballs. Yes, I was skeptical myself...but they got 2 thumbs up from my family table!
I'll be sharing the details on this recipe Monday, so be sure to stop by and check it out.

three
So last month I volunteered to head up the makeup team for Ella's school play. It was a bit more than I expected.... 128 kids needing makeup for 4 performances! But it was super fun...here is my Pirate Ella.
Anyway, this week Ella brought home a package of thank you notes from all the kids in the school play.
 Oh my goodness....they were the sweetest notes to read! I loved everyone of them!

four
I stopped in to Target this week for a few Easter items....ok maybe I stopped in more than once. And yes obviously bought a few things besides Easter...including these two dresses.
This one is so cute for Summer!! And I think it would be adorable with a jean jacket in the Spring (if it ever warms up around here).
It's on sale for $20!! It runs true to size, but I went up to a medium for a little more length.
I fell in love with the scallop edge on  this pink one. This one was a steal too...$24.99 plus 25% off with your cartwheel app. I think I may wear it for Luke's First Communion. It would be cute too if you have any showers to go to!
Women's Scallop Sleeve Crepe Dress - A New Dayâ„¢ Pink - image 1 of 3
No pic of me wearing it, because they didn't have my size, so I ordered it online, where it is also 25% off and comes in  this cute print!
Women's Printed Scallop Sleeve Crepe Dress - A New Dayâ„¢ Black - image 1 of 3

five
Let's talk favorite Easter Candy.  For me..it's the Reese eggs. I tell you these taste so much better than the regular old Reese...why is that?? The perfect afternoon treat😉
Paul loves Reese's too. Luke loves jelly beans. Ella is all over the board...no real favorite!
How about you??? What's your favorite Easter candy??

six
Lastly I have to share my favorite Easter Tradition story in case you missed it earlier this week. It's the story behind the Chocolate Chicken. When Ella & Luke were little (4 & 3 years old) they loved the show Max & Ruby. In the Easter story for that show, they got a chocolate chicken instead of a bunny.
I guess the bunnies eating a chocolate bunny was odd. Anyway about 3 days before Easter, Ella was so excited because she was going to get a chocolate chicken from the Easter Bunny! So needless to say, the Easter Bunny had a great team of helpers to find a chocolate chicken for Easter morning with 72 hours notice.
So every year since then and probably every year I am alive, my kids will get a chocolate chicken for Easter!
I just love stories of how family traditions start.
I hope you and your families have a wonderful Easter!!
See you back here on Monday....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

2 comments on "Friday Favorites... Easter Weekend!"
  1. I love that pink dress with the scalloped sleeves!! I can't believe it's at Target- they have some fabulous looking dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are so pretty! Target's clothes are so awesome these days!

    Bethany | www.CuteCapsuleLife.com

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature